Ch23 - Shower

After detention I went back to Stiles's house. As soon as I entered, Stiles and Scott passed me.

"Hey, where are you going?" I asked them. Even though I have enough stuff to do, I would like to do something fun with them.

"Oh, we're just... going for a walk." Stiles said very convincing. His heartbeat quickened and skipped multiple beats.

"Yeah, very convincing." I said while rolling my eyes. "How long will this 'walk' take?"

"A while." Stiles answered and they left.

I immediately decided to go back to Derek's. I needed to train more and he was willing to help.

I closed the door behind me and began to walk. It wasn't until I was almost there that I realized that it might still be awkward with Derek. I mean, Isaac and Derek suddenly know my whole life story...

I pushed the thoughts from my head. I couldn't run away again so I was gonna have to face them sooner or later.

I opened the huge metal door and walked inside. It looked like no one was here so I began to look around. I couldn't see anyone so I thought of something. How about using my werewolf abilities?

I tried to focus on smell. It was harder than I thought. There were multiple scents that lead multiple ways. I recognized Derek's scent between them and tried to focus on that. It smelled recent. I think... Well let's face it, I had no idea what I was doing.

I closed the door behind me and began to wander around.

Suddenly I heard something in the room next to me. I decided to investigate and looked around the corner. Nothing looked suspicious so I stepped inside.

A warm nice scent filled my nose. I didn't really think about it and looked around.

I was in a bedroom. It was a bit damp inside and there was one door a bit opened. I slowly approached it. For some reason I got scared. It looked like all those horror scenarios. Girl is home alone, a suspicious door, etc.

Just when I got close to the door, a hand grabbed my arm. I froze and my heart began to race like an idiot. The hand pulled me inside. I stumbled forward but before I could stand up straight, Derek had me pinned against the damp wall.

We were in the bathroom but that wasn't really what I was focusing on. Because the Derek who had me pinned against the wall was very shirtless.

And he was so close to me! My heart began to beat faster.

"Oh, it's you." he said casually and let me go.

He'd clearly just gotten out of the shower. His hair was still wet.

He turned around and got his shirt. I noticed that he had a tattoo on his back. It fit him. He didn't put his shirt on straight away. Instead he looked at me.

"Did I give you a heart attack?" he asked me with a smirk.

I swallowed and tried to get my heartbeat to go down. It didn't work. I tried to focus on my breathing and heartbeat but even that didn't work.

I couldn't shift back.

"Dammit." I muttered.

"Can't shift back?" he guessed.

I looked up. He'd put on his shirt and looked me in my eyes.

That dude needs to stop doing that! Every time he looks me in my eyes, I get all nervous.

He grabbed my hand and pulled me along. We got out of the damp room. It was already a bit better since I could breath better but it wasn't nearly enough.

He made me sit on the bed and began to talk.

"You need to find an anchor."

"A what?"

"It's something, or in most cases someone, who make you rethink everything. Someone who can get you out of your werewolf state. Someone you wouldn't want to hurt in your entire life."

I thought about it. Who the fuck would I trust that much?

Basically...

No one.

I groaned in frustration. "I have no one I trust that much."

Derek sat next to me. "What about Stiles?"

"Ever since he kidnapped me and I found out that he's been hiding this supernatural world from me, I've been having trust issues with Stiles."

Derek nodded and began to think "What about someone like Isaac?" he suggested.

"Why doesn't he has blue eyes like me?" I asked.

It had been bothering me. I basically found out that he'd the same past as me but for some reason he still had yellow eyes.

Derek turned to me. "Has he told you his anchor?"

"No, why?"

Derek nodded. "It's his dad."

"But... wasn't that the one who used to beat him?" I asked confused.

I tried to think of my dad but my heart rate instantly went up.

"His father didn't used to do those things. Liz, you've told us that both your parents hated you and that you've never had friends." he said softly and he put his hand on my leg. "Isaac used to have friends, his mother loved him and his dad used to do fun stuff with him."

Even though I was happy for Isaac, I still felt something tugging at my heart. I still haven't found anyone like me. I'm still alone on this one.

"Oh." I managed to choke out and looked down.

"Hey..." Derek whispered at me but I didn't look up.

"There are two sorts of people who carry the blue eyes." he said silently.

I looked up and found myself staring into his green eyes.

"The ones who choose to live without feelings." he whispered.

"And the ones who carry that guilt with them." he said and his eyes turned that beautiful blue color.

I felt myself calming down. My claws and teeth were gone after a few seconds. My eyes only changed back when Derek's did.

"Which one is better? Guilt or emotionless?" I whispered back.

"I haven't figured it out yet." he admitted.

I stared into his green eyes. They were actually really pretty from this tiny distance. I do prefer his blue ones though. They calm me down and are absolutely stunningly beautiful. I noticed that a single drop of water fell from his hair onto his face.

He cleared his throat and we got back to earth.

What the fuck was that? We were like obsessed!

Derek awkwardly scratched his neck and stood up. "Right. Why were you here again?"

"Stiles... he uh went out for 'a walk' that could last 'a while'. So I thought that it would be logical to see if you were home... For training..."

He nodded and walked out of the room. I quickly got up and dashed after him.

"And I got a question." I said "Because I still don't get the pack thingy. Who belongs to who?"

"Do you know everyone's rank?"

I never really thought about that one yet. "I just kinda assumed that they were all beta's or omega's?"

"Well you know about me and Peter. Isaac is currently a beta in our pack, but he switches some times. Scott is a different story."

"What do you mean?"

"You can become an alpha by killing one. That's how it usually goes. But in very rare cases like Scott's, the person can rise to the power by will. He's a true alpha."

"Scott is an alpha?" Oh shit.