Ch55 - Plan in motion

After some waiting. Derek got a phone call. It were the others saying that they were ready. Derek explained the plan one last time to me.

"Do you remember where the house is?"

"Yeah."

"Good. You run as fast as you can through the house to the kitchen. That's where Chris is standing with the last mountain ash to close the circle. He'll close it after you've passed it, trapping the Lorem inside."

I nodded. I could pull this off. Just run faster than the Lorem.

Derek sighed and gave me one last nod. "Good luck." He said and took off.

I spend at least five minutes just looking like I was totally distracted by everything around me. I couldn't call the Lorem, it would probably think that I was stupid and suspect something. I couldn't track it, since it would probably end up being a trap. All I could do was wait.

I sighed and looked at a random tree for the fourth time in a row. Suddenly I heard the same sound as I heard before; feet pounding on the dry ground. I quickly turned around and saw the Lorem charging for me.

Go time.

I ran as fast as I could in the direction of the house. I heard the Lorem changing direction and following me. The sound of his feet came closer and I silently cursed. I had to run faster but I was already going as fast as I could.

Branches scratched my legs as I tried to think of something to give me some extra time. Suddenly I saw it, a fallen tree. A Lorem was small right? So if I could jump over it, it should stop the Lorem for a few seconds.

I sneakily changed my direction a little bit so that the Lorem wouldn't suspect anything and headed to the fallen tree. I smoothly parkoured over the log and landed on my feet.

Thank god that worked.

The Lorem gave some sort of annoyed groan but before I knew it, it was chasing me again.

I could see the house in the distance. No one was in sight. They were all hidden so that the Lorem couldn't see them and didn't suspect anything.

One last sprint, I thought to myself as I pushed myself harder. I could rest after I'd trapped the Lorem inside. 

It worked. I gained a few meters on the Lorem before I jumped over the black powder line and dashed inside the house.

The front door immediately opened into the dining room. To keep my extra time I jumped over the table, knocking over some vase in the process. I ignored the possibilities of stepping on glass and ran into the kitchen.

The kitchen had three doors which were all opened. The one I just came from, one leading to the hallway to my right and one door which led to the outside. I sighed relieved as I saw Mr Argent already standing in place with the ash in his hand.

I sprinted to the door while looking forward to lying on the grass since I was exhausted from my sprint. Mr Argent looked up and saw me sprinting to the door. He narrowed his eyes at me and in one swift motion threw the mountain ash on the ground, closing the circle in the process.

I looked up in horror. 

Mr Argent just killed me. 

I am trapped inside the house with this Lorem.

I heard shouting coming for the outside but knew that they were already too late. If they'd done it strategically, which they probably have, their individual hiding spots would have been quite far from him. So even if they would reach him and somehow convince him to break the circle, it would still be too late.

I heard a weird growling sound coming from behind me. I turned around and saw the Lorem standing in the doorway. He looked confused as if it recognized my face.

It's probably confused why I am still alive.

His expression quickly changed into pure anger. His green eyes turned into a bright red color which even scared me.

It is going to kill me.