Ch34 - Cure

Derek's POV

Scott revealed two tubes filled with some sort of cloudy light purple liquid.

I quickly stood up and got the fullest one. Isaac got the other one and went to Peter.

"Deaton told us that you had to drink it." Scott informed us.

Before I gave it to Liz, I made sure to help her sit up. I opened the vial for her and gave it.

Peter hadn't wasted any time and he'd already swallowed it. For a few seconds he seemed fine until he started screaming even louder than before.

Liz paused the vial at her lips and watched what happened to Peter.

He began to lose it. He smashed anything around him and looked like he was in a huge amount of pain. A little bit of steam came from his wound. It took about a minute until he fell down and stopped screaming.

Isaac slowly approached him while I stayed with Liz.

"He's unconscious but his wound healed." he stated.

Everyone in the room slowly turned their heads to Liz. She was looking a mixture of terrified and tired.

She focused her gaze on me, which made my heart beat a little faster, and she quickly drank the vial.

Nothing happened in the first few seconds. We all stared at her while she looked scared at me.

Suddenly her expression turned from scared to excruciating pain. She hunched over and let out a heartbreaking scream. She fell back down on the bed.

I grabbed her arm and tried to take some pain but I instantly got burned.

I tried again but the same thing happened. There was nothing I could do.

Her cuts also began to steam but way worse than Peter's.

A minute passed and she was still screaming and trying to squirm away.

The second minute passed. Her screams had become weaker and she was clutching to the blankets.

The third minute passed. I saw a tear roll from her eye and she screamed one final time before passing out.

We all stared at Liz. It had been a complete horror show to watch. Especially when you know that there's nothing you can do, while you want to do so much.

I heard Allison cry next to me and even Stiles had tears in his eyes. I slowly stood up.

I wiped Liz's tears away and picked her up. I made sure that she laid under the blankets of my bed.

I tried to take some pain from her but there wasn't any pain left.

The others all looked at me.

"Now what?" Scott questioned.

"We wait."