Ch71 - Ninja

"Really? What's on your mind?" he asked probably just trying to get a conversation started.

"Uh..." You are. "I was just thinking about..." Come on! Think of something believable. "Ninja's." Aaaand I fucked up.

"Ninja's?" he asked with a grin.

"Yeah. That they're good at disappearing... and being invisible... And I wondered what kind of scent a ninja would have... Probably very feint. To mask themselves..." I was seriously talking out of my ass until that point. "Wait... Am I a ninja?" 

I looked at Derek, who looked very confused.

"Derek why do I have such a feint smell?"

For some reason I'd never asked it. Other things just kept popping up. I remembered that Peter looked like he knew, so Derek would know it too right? Since he has a crush on me- NO SHUT UP.

"You're not a freak if that's what you're thinking." he said.

"Are you sure?" I mumbled. 

He smiled. "Yeah I'm sure. It has to do with your past."

Oh... That again. The entire car became a little more gloomy.

"Our theory is that, since you've always tried to hide, you're body has developed some sort of defense mechanism. It basically realized that you'd be better off hiding your scent so that your 'pack' couldn't find you. You had no use in having a scent and you subconsciously got rid of it"

"So basically what you're saying..."

I looked in his eyes.

"I am a ninja!"

"I take it back." he said "You are a freak."

"Thaaaaank you."

It was silent for a full 2 seconds before Derek's phone rang. He gave it to me since he was driving. The caller id read "Peter". Oh god, I'm gonna be some sort of awkward person who has to listen to their conversation...

I brushed it off and answered it.

"I took your advise." Peter's voice immediately said. I kept quiet since it wasn't meant for me and I'd already put it on speaker. 

"What advice? What are you talking about?"

"About the full moon situation what we had with Oliver at first. We've got-" a loud slamming noise came through the phone, as if someone accidentally broke something.

I glanced over at Derek to see if he had a clue about what was going on, but he looked just as lost as I was.

"I'll talk to you later." we heard Peter say as he hung up.

Both Derek and me were silent for a couple of minutes until Derek spoke up "Well that was..."

"Weird?"

"Yeah." he said with a smile since I'd finished his sentence. Which of course got my thoughts back to Derek possibly liking me.

He dropped me off at Stiles's house. Even though I didn't mind being in Derek's presence, I couldn't help but thinking about my new theory.

Derek doesn't like me right? I mean that would be... What would it be? Do I like Derek? No shut up! 

I quickly shook my head. Don't ever get your hopes up, it will only lead in embarrassment.

But still... Derek.

A shiver went through my body as I entered the empty house. Mr Stilinski was probably gonna be at the station for the entire evening and Stiles would be at the game right now.

Ah shit! I forgot the game! Well, at least I've got an believable excuse; witness of murder. 

~~**~~**~~**~~

I stared at my clothes. Most of them weren't warm enough to wear and the ones that were, were in the laundry basket. I've got nothing to wear... I thought to myself as I wandered into the hall.

They'd managed to clear out a tiny room that they'd used as storage room. There was barely any space to walk with a bed and closet but I had never complained about it. I'd live in a box for the rest of my life if it would mean that I'd be treated the way I was now.

When I walked past Stiles's room, my eye fell on his closet. He has vests. He has lots of vests and sweat shirts. He wouldn't mind it if I borrowed anything right?

I sneaked, even though I knew no one was home, into Stiles's room and got the first vest I saw. It had a striped pattern varying between light grey and dark grey and was pretty comfy. It fit me quite well and I instantly became a little warmer.

Stiles is not getting his vest back.