Ch28 - Plans

Derek's POV

We drove back to the loft.

"Isaac, you obtain the beastiary." Peter demanded.

"How am I supposed to do that?"

I tuned out of their conversation. I'd carried Liz back to the car so she was laying on my lap again. Every now and then I tried to take some of her pain but I just couldn't cope. Every time I pulled my hand away I felt bad. Liz couldn't pull away from this pain. She had to go through this. Non stop.

She'd hidden her face in my chest. I couldn't see it but I knew that she was trying her hardest not to scream out.

"Derek!" Peter shouted.

I looked up.

"How are we even gonna do this without telling Allison that her friend might be dying?" Isaac asked. "And what about Stiles? It's already night. He'll get worried."

I felt Liz stir and she spoke up. "Give me my phone."

I handed her the phone and she began to type. "I'll tell Stiles that I'm with Allison... and Allison... that she... has to cover for me... because I'm with some boy..."

She pressed send and dropped her phone on her lap. I removed it and she instantly clutched to my shirt.

I tried to distract her by drawing circles on her arm. I had no idea if it worked but since I had nothing else to do, so I continued it.

- ** - ** - ** -

When we reached the loft, we got out of the car. Isaac immediately left to go to Allison while Peter stayed behind with us. I carried Liz from the car to my bed. She was still tense and conscious.

"What do we do now?" I asked Peter while looking at Liz. She curled up in a ball and let her hair fall in front of her face.

"We have to capture it-"

"No!" Liz said and leaned on her elbows to get up. "He'll kill you."

"Yeah, no offense to your fighting skills, but I'm not as easily killed." Peter said mockingly.

I can vouch for that.

Liz looked up with sadness "Why would you risk your lives for one untrained newbie?"

She can't think like that. She's so much more than that.

"You're one of us."

"I apparently might also be the death of us." she said.

I smiled at her comment until she fell back down. She rolled around so that her back was facing me and she grabbed the sheets.

She was not doing so well.

"Where did you encounter it?" Peter asked.

Liz didn't reply.

"Liz." He said with his alpha voice. "Tell me."

She cringed and muttered "Woods... near... burned house."

Peter nodded for me to stay here. I was going to protest, saying that he couldn't face it alone, but then I thought of leaving Liz like this alone. I nodded and Peter left.