Ch103 - Mister Wolfy

"Oh shit." Liz said with an expression normal people would describe as a poker face but I noticed her eyebrows slightly going up. "When did she kill him?"

"She lost control at the full moon and managed to dodge us. She's been more distant lately."

Liz nodded and took an other bite clearly progressing everything. "What did Peter do?" she said after a while.

I blinked in surprise and leaned back in the chair. "What?"

"What did Peter do? Did he punish her for killing someone or something like that?"

I squinted my eyes trying to figure out why she'd ask that. Maybe because she's used that every bad thing gets punished? That could be it.

"No he was mad at me for letting her kill him but he didn't do anything to Emberly." Liz nodded again and took her last bite. "But... he did do something else." Liz looked up again and placed the spoon in her now empty bowl. "He turned someone else."

"Oh shit." Liz replied again.

"His name is Damien and he's only a week old with this stuff. They'll both be here in half an hour. I promised to help them train." I noticed Liz tense up at the thought of people coming over "But I can send them away." I quickly added.

"No, you promised them." she said with an encouraging nod. "I'll help."

"No you won't. You need to rest. You can't even keep your food down!"

Liz smiled a cute grin. "Derek, I'll be fine. Besides I'm sure I can kick your ass right now. I haven't been sitting still."

"Oh really? What have you been doing?" Maybe she'll give me something.

"I've been... training a lot." she said cautiously. Her heart didn't skip a beat but with Liz that isn't a guarantee.

I decided to brush it off as if there hadn't formed any tension after that question and continued "So you think you can beat me?"

Liz smiled relieved "I know I can beat you mister Wolfy."

"Tell you what, if you can beat me you're allowed to help us."

"Easy." she grinned.

=---=---=---=

"What are the rules?" Liz asked as we walked into the trainingsroom.

"Don't kill each other-"

"Okay noted." she said jokingly with an serious expression.

"You have to get a hit on me." I said.

"That's too easy. Plus there's no end in that."

"Sure there is, you can give up." I said with a smirk.

She shoved my shoulder gently and thought of something else. "How about the first one to pin the other down?"

I gave her a sideways nod. "Okay."

"Don't be so patronizing mister Wolfy. It could get you killed."

"That would be breaking rule number one."

She rolled her eyes with a small smile tugging at the edge of her lips. She walked away until we were about three meters away from each other and she got into position. The hairs on my neck instantly stood up. Her entire air turned cold. The small smile had instantly vanished and the way she looked at me was pure determination. You'd be a fool not to get scared by someone like this. It was as if her entire expression darkened and the shadows in her physiognomy stood out.

I also got into position and tried to brush off the uneasiness of Liz's expression. I gave the signal to start and waited for Liz to attack. I'd expected that she'd instantly dive at me but she was expertly manoeuvring around me. I could see that she had full control of all her muscles and planned every step she took.

We can't keep going in circles forever!

I stepped towards her with the intention to dodge to her left and grab her waist. That would give me the advantage and I'd be able to take her down.

However, Liz had other plans. As soon as I'd taken a step she'd dodged backwards, causing me to walk after her. She did that at least three times until I got a bit impatient. What was she trying to accomplish here? What I hadn't noticed was that so far it was going exactly as she'd planned. We were close to the edge of the room.

I tried to grab her left arm but she was way faster than I remembered her to be. Without any warning she jumped on the table next to the wall and dashed at me. At the last moment I managed to stumble back and throw Liz off me.

I stumbled back while I saw Liz made some sort of sideways roll and instantly jump on her feet, not stumbling one bit. She turned around with the intention to jump at me since I'd lost my balance and she'd have the upper hand. 

I pulled myself together at the last moment and countered her attack. Jesus she's fast. And what was that roll just now? 

We were both back to circling around each other. I knew that she'd wait for me to make a mistake so I decided to make the first move. I dashed towards her and managed to grab her arm. Just when I wanted to tackle her and end this, Liz grinned at me, grabbed my arm with her captured hand and let herself fall.

She slid herself through my legs as I fell on the ground because of the force of Liz's action. I quickly tried to push myself up before she could get the upper hand but my hope flew out of the window as I felt Liz jump on my back.

I sighed and accepted my defeat. With some trouble I managed to turn around and saw Liz sitting on my stomach with a smirk on her face. "We're back at this position."

I smirked back "Well I don't mind it. I like the girl on top."

She bit her lip to keep from laughing. "So I can help, huh?"

"I guess you can."

"Derek?" Emberly's voice echoed through my apartment.