Ch92 - Not as planned

It had been a few days since Liz left. A lot has happened since then. From what I've heard from Stiles, Liz was the talk of the school for days. Apparently when the quiet girl makes a scene like that, rumors start to spread.

Everyone knew Liz left. Oliver and Emberly came to see me a few days ago. Oliver looked like he really did wanted to help but Emberly not so much. It didn't matter anyway because my gloomy aura scared them off.

We had to do something! Every day is a day too much! But we couldn't. Stiles had informed us on the entire situation later that day. Her dad had been smart and he'd formally asked the cops to help search for his missing runaway daughter. He'd made up some sad story about her being mentally unstable and him having to work hard as a single parent. Of course, the police had no evidence to counter it and went along with his story.

Stiles's dad had pulled some strings as the sheriff but he couldn't get them to do anything more than send in a request to investigate the family. It also didn't help that she was Dutch. The request would most likely end up on top of a larger pile of files and would take days, maybe weeks, for them to actually do something since it had to be filtered through so many layers of people for it to actually reach Liz's environment.

But it was all we could do. We couldn't fly to Holland to just get her because that would be kidnapping. The police couldn't do anything else because they have a lot on their minds with the suspicious murders.

We hadn't heard from her since she left. I was still debating if I should see that as a bad sign. Of course I should see it as a bad sign, my brain countered, I don't even know what's going on.

No, I already knew that her dad would take away her phone. That was only logical. 

But the not knowing was silently and slowly killing me.

"Why so gloomy?" Peter said mockingly when he walked in the room.

I'd been staring out of the window trying to find new ways to help Liz.

"Go away." I replied tiredly.

"Not sleeping and over thinking everything is not going to help her."

"Not doing anything is also not going to help her."

"Right now there are only two things you can do." Peter began. I turned around to hear what he had to say.

"Forget her-"

I growled lowly and stepped closer. "No."

He tilted his head slightly in disapprovement. "One girl? You should know better, Derek."

I growled louder and flashed him my blue eyes. 

"You're tired, worn out and clearly not thinking." Peter noted, looking not even slightly impressed. "Do you really think that that is a good idea?"

I channeled all my rage and shifted fully. I didn't need sleep. I'd be fine without it. I lashed out at Peter but he easily dodged it and pushed me against the wall. His eyes turned red. "Think things trough, Derek." he said while his hand around my throat tightened. "Forget her..."

"or catch the killer." he added and released me.

"Catch the killer? How's that gonna help Liz?" I asked after catching my breath.

Peter rolled his eyes again, just like he did every time I brought Liz up, and explained "If you catch the killer, the police won't have to and they can spend their time on your request to get Liz back."

I eyed Peter suspiciously. He had a point. "And you just happened to decide to help Liz after not doing anything for the past few days?"

"I was busy."

"Doing what?"

"Looking for help." he said and turned around to leave.

Wait, he was looking for help? Help with finding Liz? I didn't know he was actually trying to get her back. "Did you find any?"

"I got my eyes on one."

on one? What is that supposed to mean?