Ch27 - Pain

Derek's POV

Liz walked in. She was hunched over and was holding her side. 

"Liz?" I asked confused.

She limped towards us. Her face was contorted with pain. What happened? She wasn't one who would show it if she was in pain so this must be extreme. She gasped for air and stumbled a few steps towards us.

"Liz?" I asked concerned.

She managed to look up into my eyes for a second, pain was written all over her face. I'd never seen it before with her so it kinda scared me. She made a little high pitched scream of pure pain and her muscles gave up. She fell to the ground.

Isaac followed me when I ran to her. She looked so fragile, so tiny. I turned her around and noticed three huge gashes in her side. They were bleeding heavily. Why was it bleeding? Why wasn't it healing?

I picked her up bridal style. She'd completely passed out but she was still tense and looked like she was in pain.

I laid her down on my bed and Isaac and Peter immediately followed me.

"Why isn't it healing?" Isaac asked.

"No idea." I responded.

"Is she dying?" Peter asked emotionless.

I leaned closer to her neck and sniffed it. 

"No. But she's in a huge amount of pain." I stated. I could smell it. Death had a certain smell. Thankfully that wasn't present. But she did smell like she was in pain. It was actually noticeable from a distance, which was weird for Liz since she has a very feint smell.

Her eyes shot open. She freaked out when she didn't recognize the room and tried to crawl away. She cringed and gave up. She let herself fall back onto the bed and held her side.

"What attacked you?" Peter asked.

"I... don't know. It... was dark blue... and midget size..."

She gasped for air and held her hands above the cuts. I grabbed her arm and began to take her pain away. It hurt in the beginning but soon it turned into excruciating pain.

"Fuck..." I cursed and pulled my hand away.

"What's wrong?" Peter asked.

"I... don't know."

I tried it again. The same thing happened. Peter got closer and got her upper arm. He did the same and he also pulled his hand away like he'd been burned.

"Wha... did you do?" Liz asked. "It feels slightly better."

"That was the amount of pain she was in." I stated shocked. Even death hadn't been that painful.

"That's impossible." Peter stated.

Isaac approached and also tried it. He tried for two seconds straight until he backed off.

"Wow..." he muttered looking a bit scared.

"We need help." I said while looking at Liz. 

How would she be able to hold this for hours if we couldn't even handle a few seconds?! 

"And we need it fast."

"Deaton. We can go to him." Isaac proposed.

I picked her up bridal style. She winced but gritted her teeth and she went back to being quiet. I wanted to tell her that she didn't needed to be so strong. Anyone would scream out in her position.

But not her.

Peter and Isaac both jogged ahead to get the car ready. I walked as smoothly as I could to make sure that Liz was as comfortable as possible. Every step I took hurt her. I knew it because even though Liz has a very good pokerface, this time pain was written all over it. 

After about twenty steps she made a small wincing sound and hid her face in my chest. Her hand clutched my shirt. She kept randomly tensing up. Probably because of another wave of pain hit her. At one point I was actually hoping for her to pass out but she stayed strong.

When we got down, Peter was already in the drivers seat and Isaac was next to him. I managed to get myself seated with Liz on my lap and Peter began to drive.

Liz tensed up again and I decided that I could at least help a little bit. I took her hand and took some of the pain away. I attempted it three times in a row but the third time I felt my eyes turning blue.

"Don't overwork yourself. You know it could kill you." Peter warned me.

"It could also kill Liz." I stated.

Peter ignored me and focused on driving. 

"What are we gonna do if Deaton has no idea either?" Isaac brought in.

"He'll be able to help her."

"But what if he doesn't"

He has to...

"We'll have to capture the one who did this to her." I stated.

"No. You can't... do that..." Liz said.

Isaac and I both looked at her.

"Why not?" Isaac asked.

"He'll do the same... to you..."

"We're not going to let you die." I stated firmly.

Liz looked up at me for a second. Her eyes glimmed with gratitude but got quickly replaced with pain.

"We need to hurry up." I said to Peter.

- ** - ** - ** -

As soon as Peter was parking the car, Isaac jumped out. 

I looked down at Liz. I brushed a few strands of hair out of her face. Her face was contorted with pain. She tried to lay as still as possible but some times she couldn't hold herself.

I picked her up and walked to the animal clinic. Isaac and Peter made sure that I didn't had to stop anywhere and that Deaton had been notified in advance.

"Bring her to the back." he ordered as soon as we walked in.

I did and laid her on the metal table. She instantly curled up to a ball and held her waist. She turned her head to the table so that we couldn't see it anymore.

"Liz, I'm gonna have to take a look at it." Deaton said as he approached her. She let her arms fall and laid straight.  

Deaton looked at the wound. He couldn't see anything so he went in to touch it. As soon as his fingers even touched the surface of Liz's skin she screamed out in pain and fell off the table. Peter stopped her from escaping.

I grabbed her upper arms before she could fall again and we helped her on the table again.

"Hold her." Deaton ordered.

I held her shoulders down. Peter was in charge of arms and Isaac was in charge of feet. Liz looked up at me with a worried expression. 

I wish she would just pass out already.

Deaton approached the wound again and we all got ready. Liz closed her eyes.

As soon as Deaton touched the wound Liz began to scream again. She tried with all her might to get away. Her eyes opened and revealed her beautiful blue ones. Even I had to shift slighly to hold her down.

After nearly a minute Liz quieted down. She might've passed out.

Might have, she could also still be conscious.

"I don't know what could've done this." Deaton admitted defeated. "Certainly not without knowing the background of the creature that did this. The wounds are deep. I'll be able to stop the bleeding, but I need more information."

Isaac cursed and held his head in his hands. I looked down at Liz. Even unconscious she still looks troubled.

"Can't you just give her something that will at least help a little bit?" Isaac asked desperately.

"No. It might react with the poison and kill her."

"Allison." Peter suddenly said.

"What?"

"The beastiary."