Ch46 - Poët

I decided to be helpful and tried to explain everything I knew to Oliver. He was quiet for most of the time until I reached the part where I said that we're werewolves.

"Werewolves? Are you joking? I thought I could count on you! You seemed like a normal trustworthy girl. But apparently you're just as fucked up as that psycho Peter!" He said and jumped up. I quickly dashed after him. I couldn't let him leave like this.

"I can prove it."

No I can't

"Yeah right. Werewolves." he huffed.

"I can. Just watch me."

Dammit stop talking. You can't shift without knowing that you'll be able to shift back.

Oliver turned around and waited for me to do something.

Fuck. It's now or never.

I closed my eyes and did my routine. It hadn't become any easier over the little times that I'd practised. I balled my fists. So many memories clouded my mind. I felt my heartbeat rise and my breathing becoming heavier.

I felt a stinging sensation in the palm of my fist and knew that I'd accidentally stabbed myself with my claws. Cheesus that's a new one.

I looked up, knowing that I'd shifted and saw Oliver looking terrified at me.

He opened his mouth to say something but instead he ran. He ran as fast as he could to get away from me. 

SHIT. I can't let him leave!

It became harder for me to control myself. Part of me just wanted to pounce him and rip his guts out. It became even better because it would be my first chase kill. I briefly let myself slip and ran as fast as I could to him. 

I could easily catch up with him. He ran like a slow human and before he knew it, I'd tackled him to the ground.

I had my claws up in the air, ready to slice him open. I tried so hard to calm myself down but nothing worked. It only got me more worked up. 

I growled in frustration and hit the floor next to him. I heard new footsteps approach me and before I knew it I was lifted off Oliver by Derek. He'd wrapped his arms around my waist and hoisted me backwards. I fell on top of Derek and tried to stand up but both Peter and Derek held me down.

"Shift back." Peter said directly to me.

I can't! Why don't you see that?! I growled in frustration. Peter definitely didn't like that. He grabbed me by my throat and pushed me against the wall. I heard it slightly crack behind me and saw Peter shifting.

"Shift. Back. Now." Peter demanded in his alpha voice. 

I instantly cringed and felt my heartbeat slowly going down. I took some deep breaths. After a while I knew that I was human again and Peter released me. Oliver was still sitting on the ground with his head in his hands.

"Sorry for trying to kill you." I said awkwardly.

Peter left the room and Derek looked like he was about to follow but instead he first grabbed my arm and whispered "Don't do that again." I nodded in shame and Derek left.

I stared at Oliver.

"So... I'm like you?" he said silently.

"Yeah-"

"I'm a monster." he stated cutting me off.

Oh god he's some sort of poët. 

"I got a quote for that. It's from a song." I said to him. Oliver looked up with a bit of disgust lingering on his face.

"A man who's pure of heart 

and says his prayers by night

May still become a wolf

when the autumn moon is bright."

Oliver looked at me for a second and nodded. "Yeah, I get it. Some sort of god up there just doesn't like me and decided to ruin my life."

I rolled my eyes and walked to the couch. He could die for all I cared. I tried to talk to him. That was enough for my standards. 

"Did I say something wrong?" Oliver asked.

"Nooo." I said sarcastically "Well, it doesn't matter anyway since you should really focus on your life right now. You know, since it's ruined! For ever!" I said dramatically.

"Uh... Sorry if I offended you?"

"Yeah cut the bullshit. Like seriously, a monster? That's all you could come up with?" Oliver was about to say something but I cut him off "Just forget it. And remember: the full moon is within a week."