Chapter 1: What's making you numb?

Devil mission

S O U N D T R A C K
Salem's interlude by khalid
Motion by khalid

It was on a very cold night at 20:19 pm in the town. Chilly breeze brushes against houses. One could be seen outside due to the dark and cold atmospheric condition as the trees moved haphazardly to and fro. Outside the outskirts of the community approaches an odd looking man, looks handsome, cold and dropping wet. He searches to find help. He knocks on the door of Mr Daniel ransbottom.

"Hello,anyone?", the strange man knocks on the door again. The chilly weather shivered the trees spikes and shattered the evening skies with thunderbolt that could make the little and young scramble for safety. Little did the young man outside know that one would save him from the threats of the weather that he could barely hear the other voice calling out in the the other side of the door.

"Who is the motherfucker on my door?", replied the weary old man. Mr Daniel ransbottom stood up from his sofa to check who was on the door.

"I'm really sorry. I'm just looking for a crib to lay down, Sir", said the unknown voice at the door", The stranger at the door whom was soaking wet under the rain replied to the unknown individual at the other end replied with a shaky accent. Another thunder clapped again once more with hesitation.

"I'm sorry young man. This house is meant only for the ransbottom", answered Mr Ransbottom with a harsh tone. "Sir... can i spend the night in? The humidity out here is beyond hell", He blew out a cold cry from his nostrils in spite of the the Elderly man's responses.

There was no more words nor speeches between the two individuals. The awkward silence made the stranger lost in the thoughts of fighting off the cold breeze

"Oh please honey! Let the poor man in!", replied another individual inside the house. The weary voice of a woman yelled out again: "Cut that out, please!. everything is always a joke to you, Dan".

Daniel Ransbottom made a slow turn on the door handle, inviting the strange man into the house. Mrs Rose Ransbottom came out of her room to see the stranger of a man in their home.

"Woah. why is a man like you out in this stormy weather?" Asked mrs Rose anxiously as she came with a tray of dessert.

The night breeze reduced its intensity in the big house. The fire flakes crackled in the small, miniature fireplace as Mr Ransbottom shakes the coal.