Chapter 27: Man vs Superhuman

S o u n d t r a c k
P

aradise by khalid

MAN VS SUPERHUMAN

Edward's Pov

The grasses moves to and fro as the wind began to blow from the North. The strong breeze moved towards all direction, making the bees loose concentration as they try to pollinate the flowers. The flies in the air couldn't even withstand the howling the wind. I watched with keen eyes in the air as they began to flap their tiny wings high up in the air. This was followed by the sound of a long duration of Thunder. I looked at the west, staring at the Thick blue cloud in the sky approaching me. This then occur to be that a storm might be on its way but made sure I was in track.

All Confused and angry at the same time, I began to stare at Chimeandel. I couldnt even believe that all my running and determination toward killing Chimeandel finally got me for feet away from my goal. I felt like a crazy fool standing up to God. This wouldn't have happened if I at least, knew the strange man standing next to the door.

Dripping on my hair as the rain which came so suddenly withing seconds but still, I didn't know what I should have done. Was I to play cool or to attack the Druid while he prays? I was totally lost in my thought that I didn't even hear the awkward voice speaking up to me.

"Hey, you there! What are you here for?", I didn't say a word.

"I said what is your purpose here?, Young man?", The man spoke up once more to me but as usual, I made no comment but from the left, I could see Chimeandel opening his eyes. He looks up to me, made a smile and looked towards the Man of the house.

"My, oh, my! Our guest has arrived. This is the man we have been waiting for. Let him in, Let him in, Jark before the rain turns him into a vessel of common Cold", said Chimeandel with a friendly look towards the Man next to the door. The strange man made a quick glance at me with his funny looking eyes. With that, He looks to Chimeandel whom was below him.

"I don't really like this guy, Chimeandel. He looks like a man with a devilish agenda. He looks... Cocky", the Strange man whispered to Chimeandel, making a quick look at me while he spoke. This was beginning to sound weird for me. Was there something that I didn't understand here?

"Oh please, Jark. Just because a human man comes to your home for the first time in Three hundred and fifty two years doesn't mean that he is a bad guy. It's not strange nor crazy. You just have issues dealing with humans", Replied Chimeandel with a stern look to his friend as they watch me, their uninvited guest stand immoveable under the cold rain. I stare at the two individuals as they grazed at my misfortune. The strange man looked down to Chimeandel once again.

"Yes that's true but you were the one who came to ask a favour so technically, this is the first time since years an ordinary human stepped foot in my domain without being... You know, extinct", said The strange man sarcastically as Chimeandel began to laugh hardly. He reaches out for his liquor behind him to quench his dry throat to prevent the cough. I, on the other hand was still standing at the middle of the discussion, eavesdropping about their strange conversation that still sounded unreasonable to him.

"What do you mean by Ordinary human being? Aren't I Human too?", Said Chimeandel with Curiosity in his words to his friend.

"Oh, no, no. I see the confusion here. Look, you are a Druid. This fellow over here is a bloody human. There is a clear difference. A real human can have a lot of sexual interaction as much as he bloody needs for the rest of his life but for a Druid like you, that's not in you code of conduct. Aren't I right,hmm... Chimeandel?", The strange man replied to Chimeandel, giving him a funny look in his eyes as Chimeandel looks at him in shock.