Chapter 31: Hell in one day

S o u n d t r a c k
Change by NF

HELL IN ONE DAY

Dusk went away swiftly than expected. The morning begins to dry up as the mild sun rises up from the east. Dried leaves begins to lessen its movement as the strong breeze decreases. It took an awful long time but finally, we got back to our refugee site in the forest - Jark's home. Closely as I carried the Druid to the cottage, my visibility on Jark whom stood idle on the pillar of the fence grew stronger. There was still no comment nor response from Jark from the start till after I settled Chimeandel down on a stool.

"Thanks so much, my lad. We're at home, at last. Where is Jark? Doesn't it look scarce right here?", asked Chimeandel as he dropped his staff at the right hand leaning on the wall. Probably, he was tired and weak of the man he spoke of was standing right in front of him.

"Chimeandel, he is right here in your presence. He is in your opposite direction." , I said, replying Chimeandel. Jark looks at me with weird look as I turned my head away from him.

"What happened to him?", asked Jark as he watched Chimeandel sitting back on the stool. Truly, i didnt mind the elephant in the room but the look on my face said it all. I turned my face hastily to Jark.

"Chimeandel was captured and tortured by the towns men. I found him in a cell, all soaked in moist clay and dirty waters", I replied Jark, carried a scorn on my face. while I continued my speech, Jark looks to Chimeandel, his very - old friend, lying in agony.

"Possibly, he won't be in this condition if you weren't a pussy. All he wanted was a friend - You but instead, he was given the opposite - A selfish, self-centered greedy bastard".

"You know nothing of me. My past twisted my life bitterly to my present", said Jark as he turns away. I hoped for the best from my comment but the demented man moved away into the room. Now, I knew this went too far.

I rushed to him, stretched out my right hand, grabbing his shoulder with might which eventually in response, turned back at me.
"This isnt your past here. This is about bond and alliance which indefinitely broke. What in the hell did Chimeandel do to deserve your cold gesture?", I said.

"Touch me one more time, chicken legs and feel my fist on your face. Do you know what hell I have been through all my life?", replied Jark angrily but this didn't stop me from my goal. I continued to press forward, enlisting all from my mind into words.

"And so? No matter how high the waterfall is, there must still be an apex and its downfall. Why attach the sins of the past to oppress your present, especially friends like Chimeandel?! Why hate?!", I spoke out angrily to Jark.

"Chimeandel has nothing to do with this. Not him, not you.", replied Jark.

"So if it isnt the Druid, then who else? What turned you onto this deranged psycho?" I shouted angrily. Although, I made my point clear but I had a gut in me telling me I went to far.

And Of course, I did...

Whoosh!

Instantly, I heard the sound of a steel material passed right at me, just an inch length to my left ear. I turned around to see the butcher knife on the wall. Horrified from this, I turned around again staring at Jark whom seemed to be laying his hands on the table with his head down.

"Its.. it's the people", replied Jark, walking away from the veranda into the dark cold room.

Even from the dark room, I could see that Jark was in an emotional state, which I sort out to be weird but I couldn't help but listen to what the psycho was saying...