Chapter 35: Once Upon A Dark Day

S O U N D T R A C K
The beginning by Asa

ONCE UPON A DARK DAY

Edward:
"Good morning, everyone!" That's how I would start off my wonderful day but there was nothing good about today. I woke up in a side of a weird looking place. I wasn't too sure about where I was until I saw the the tight chains in my wrist and feet. I soon realised the dip shit I was in now.

"Oh boy! Here we go again! I'm in a dungeon, again", I lamented.

I could barely stand up as I slowly hold the corners of my prison. My chains dangling on my hands made it heavy to move my body. I looked round the room for clues. I stared at the two soldiers holding long spears at my prison door as they whispered to themselves.

I heard a loud moan on the ground on my left. It was Jark! I finally had a sense of faith in me. I didnt know why I began happy so suddenly for this dickhead but I was glad to see my fellow mate in the prison with me. Clearly, he needed it.

"Wake up Jark! Wake your ass up!", I shouted at Jark immediately. The proud old fool slowly stood up to with the same chains on me. He made a low moan, laying his hand on his head.

"Where am I?", asked Jark, looking confused.

"You, my friend are in hell. Welcome to the dungeon because I myself don't know where this is. I was hoping you might know as well", I responded.

Jark now enraged by this began to force his way out of the chains. He went on and on trying to break free but to no avail.

"There is no use, Jark. I have tried. Don't waste that energy", I said thoughtfully as I watched as the angry man laid still on the wall stranded.

"I hate chains", replied Jark.

There was a long waiting silence in the dungeon. There was no words, no comment. It was just nothing but the dangling sounds of chains on my feet.

"Hey, jark. Look at those fools with the spears. They can see we are helpless and our of energy. Ain't they tried of holding those toothpicks?", I spoke up sarcastically as I heard Jark laughing on the other end.

"You know (talks to the guards) if you let us free, I could teach you a way to hold those toothpicks though", replied Jark. Soon, the laugher ended sooner than we expected. That's was then the bomber question was laid on the table.

"Where is Chimeandel? He is clearly not here", I asked but immediately that I asked this question, there was some movement at the other side of the dungeon. I could hear footsteps closing in. From the dark corner, three soldiers approached from the shadow. 

I couldn't hear a thing as the soldiers in the room began to whisper to each other. Jark and I looked at each other. We didnt know what was going on or what was about to happen. The soldiers disbanded from their sercet meeting, leaving the two soldiers guarding the dungeon before but all seemed to be going at quickly than I expected... but I hope it was for the best.

Slowly from his post, one of the soldiers opened my cell and jark's while the other walked up to me. He loosened the chains that hooked me  on the wall but still, I was not all free from the chains as my hands and feet were still tied up.

I was now outside the cell with Jark on my left hand side. Though no free but we were out of our cells at least.

"Move, scoundrels!", said one of the soldiers as he poked this spear at my back. Jark laughed out evilly, making the two soldiers looked to each other in confusion.

"Boy, you gonna pay for that! Heed my warning", replied Jark as we began to move forward through the empty cells. With our faces up high, we slowly walked on the path leading us to where we knoweth not but unfortunately, something got my attention. I saw something fishy at one end of the cell.

I found a soul in one of the cells!

I and Jark stared so shocked and surprised at the fact that another person was sharing the same fate as us in this empty desolated prison. We continued to stare on and in until we finally walk pass it.

Step by step, we moved until we finally got out of the dungeon and into a hallway we know about. Candle light still burning blissfully on the candle holders at each corner of the hallway as each and every soldier stood on guard.

Beautiful paintings hug on the walls, wall designs of diamonds and rubies, tapestry of foreign natures blinded my eyes. I began to wonder where was this for this has to be one place - a home of a mighty man or woman to be precise.

We got into another hallway where indeed we began to hear loud noises from behind this huge door. Bangs of table, clinging of cups and some other noises came directly from this door that holds a chamber and the worse part to this was the two prisoners had no idea what it was. I looked to Jark, "Do you know where is this?"

"I have no idea", replied Jark. We continued to move slowly towards this huge door, still scared about what we may see. It might be a kill room or something but there was no need to be in doubt as the door opens widely. Immediately, there was silence in the room. I watched as well as they too looked at me as well.

Forced by the soldiers, we began to climb to towards his high stairs built so high like a pyramid leading to an area where there was a large chair decorated by  golden jewels and designed with the finest silk. I was still amazed by the design of this masterpiece as there was a loud cry in the middle of the room.

"All hail The King!"

"All hail!", replied the multitude of people as they bow down to their kind as they awaited their leader. Forced on our kneels, we were to bow on the floor against our wishes by the soldiers. Just right behind the large chair, I could hear slow footsteps coming up to me. My head was down and my eyes were closed. I was thinking of death but soon, the sound stopped right in front of me.

I didn't expect this but I felt a strange touch on my hair. I would have revolted but I had to keep it cool. I had to stay down looking like a fool for the moment. That fool will pay for that, I thought.

The mysterious being moved to the chair. Immediately, everything was back to normal. Everyone took their places on the large dining room below the pyramid. Immediately, the soldiers dragged us up to our feet luckily, that was where I got a good look at what I was to see. That chair wasn't a stool. It was a throne of the greatest man of Peterson - King Peterson THE IX.

But that wasn't the most shocking part of the day but what made Jark and i look at each other in shock was more than we could bear - the man standing beside the King smiling at us.

Jark and I stood confused and surprised at what we saw. I was hard to say this that's was why I yelled out.

"Chimeandel!", I yelled.

To be continued...