Chapter 37: Woman behind the veil

S O U N D T R A C K
Let it be by labrinth

WOMAN BEHIND THE VEIL

Clang!

Clang!!

Clang!!!

"Hold your sword well. Make your enemy see you as the threat you are. Show no fear. Make your enemy see the flame in your eyes. That will show him that you aren't ready to lose..."

"... make yourself the predator, not the prey. Take advantage of your surroundings..."

"Activate your senses. Let your mind and your sixth sense be in sync. Know your opponent moves before he strikes. That's how you make a counter..."

"No, no no! Chicken face! Don't try that again. Even the pigeons could kill you like that. Do that on the battlefield and I will rush to you and bury you myself. Let's go again! Advance to me"

Edward:

That was my new life now. The life of a warrior. I'm on the path of the warrior's way as you see. Technically, you might be wondering why Jark hasn't wiped my ass yet but just so you know, the crazy dickhead broke my left hand, tore a hamstring and my jaw on the first day. Well, training as he calls it. He never back out from his threat.

It has been three weeks of intense training with Jark. Changing from one fighting style to another, jark seems to be taking his gruesome training methods to the next level. I felt like I am being trained by the worst teacher ever.

Though the training might be getting harder and harder day by day but by some means, I finally had a way not to get messed up injury daily. Precisely, it want like this. There were some day when each day was worst than some but still, I over came all those.

With a man as heavy, determined, ruthless like jark, what other hellish trainer do I need to get closer to hell?

Three weeks passed by but my knowledge didn't. I can fully practice the hand to hand combat and today, I was done with the way of the sword as I completely defeated Jark to a final duel while King Peterson and Chimeandel watched and clapped at my progress. Happily, I beat my chest to the crowd and bowed to the king from the arena but grazed to the right hand side where the stair led to the north wing of the castle, I found... or saw something strange.

I Stained my eyes to clearly see what was behind the shadows but I really couldn't see the humanly figure behind the darkness. I looked steadily, fixed on the spot. This made me not to see the heavy hand of Jark land on my shoulders.

"Don't be proud yet, chicken face. You tried though but don't get cocky. We will see what you got tomorrow son", said Jark as he leaves the arena with his axe on his shoulders. I smiled back to the big strong man. I looked back to the the stairs but now, I couldn't see no one. It was just no figure to be seen.

Who could that be?

Could that be the mysterious Kimberley that keeps sending me those letters from time to time?, I thought. I was now totally confused as I sat on my bed once again. This was getting to much for me to bear. For three weeks, I have received a total of fiveteen letter correspondening to the first letter and the funny thing is that is has nothing but puzzles, schemes, false claims about King Peterson and an unknown package I know nothing about. All i know for now was that it all came from one source - Kimberly.