Chapter 2:Far from Hell

S O U N D T R A C K
Wolves by Selena Gomez ft Marshmellow

FAR FROM HELL

Edward was speechless. At that moment Mr Daniel Ransbottom asked him about his home, a lot af things clouded his mind. He kept sipping the rum placed in from of his table, looking at the ceiling. Immediately after the quick sip, something struck him. It was like manna from heaven landed on him. He quickly replied Mr Daniel.

"Well, Sir, My town was invaded by the Trabuma savages quite recently", said Edward as he took a sip from his cup.

"Woah... That's bad", lamented Rose as she carries the empty plates back to the kitchen.

"From the looks of it, yes, it is really bad. They burnt my community to the ground. I have been moving from places to place in search for shelter for five days now", acknowledged Edward. Natalia looked at Edward in dismay. She made a quick glance at the poor young man.

"Wow. So he is homeless now.Dad you know, He could be part of the community", said Natalia.

Mr Daniel looked at Edward. He wasn't quite sure if Edward was really a homeless man. He kept thinking. Indeed, where his daughter mind was subjected to wasn't where his own mind aligned to. Something was off about Edward.

"So what's are your plans now, Ed?", asked Mr Ransbottom curiously.

"Well, after the Trabumas burnt my town to the ground and barely escaped from the ambush. I decided to move to another city. Maybe a bit to the north but i am still having second thoughts about it", answered Edward while he played with his fingers.

"Oh well. Such a waste. Why can't you stay here?", interrupted Rose while her husband watched her with a scorn on his face. Mr Daniel was shocked at his wife response. That was bullshit to him.

"Woman! Would you get out there and make your self useful? I'm the man doing the talking here, not you", shouted Daniel Ransbottom.

"Oh please... look at him. He is obviously homeless, Dan. Edward, can you stay?", asked Rose while she watched closely for her husband's response. Daniel Ransbottom wasn't in support of this this but one could say, the weakness of every man is his woman... and dishes to be precise. The confused old man began to mumble unknown words from his mouth.

"Ehhhhh", uttered Daniel Ransbottom. Rose touches his face and his shoulder in quick succession to seduce her husband.

"Come on, we have the most peaceful community. We have jobs in which some might suit you. Come on dear", said Rose.

Edward kept thinking about this so-called environment he got himself into. Truly, this neighbourhood looked nice, cozy and quiet... and especially, quiet.

Drowning on his own thought, he never have an idea that his continual stay here was brought to book. After much deliberation, the final verdict was herald.

"I guess so... I guess I can stay", grumbled Daniel Ransbottom. Overjoyed with happiness, she kissed her husband on the cheek but the Old man didnt seem to be falling for it.

"Look woman... would you get out of here?. Go do something, maybe go gossip around the town about some man's underwear or maybe go teach a mad man how to make a salad", said Daniel in contempt.

"Whatever, Dan. Natalia and I are going to the market actually. We won't be back till dusk so you two boy best behave yourself. Maybe show him around town or something. As you know he is still a guest to us", replied Rose.

"Yeah, yeah. Just get your ass out of my house. And you too, Natalia", scoffed Daniel.

Before Rose could make a move out of the house, Edward opted forward to her reach.

"Thank you so much madam for allowing me into your household and sir ( moves to Daniel Ransbottom ) i really appreciate what you have done for me. Thank you so much", said Edward happily.

Mrs Ransbottom reaches of his hand, holding it firmly ad she spoke: " No need to worry, my lad. For strangers like you, there is always a place for you in our community. All I hope from you is to live up to the glory you were just given".

"I won't won'you down, Madam", Edward gave a kiss on Rose's hand as a good will gesture. Mrs Rose Ransbottom made a small laugh.

"Ha! Well, would you like at that. He is also s charmer. Well, I sincerely hope for the best for you, son. I'm off to the market. See you later!", said Mary as she left the porch.

"Have a nice day madam", waved Edward while the mistress of the house departed into the crowd. Edeard went back to the house where his benefactor, Daniel Ransbottom waited patiently.

Slowly he sat on the dining seat which was directly perpendicular to that of his benefactor. Immediately he was settled in, Mr Daniel went back to EdwarI's unique conversation;

"So,you want to stay in Sandroville?", asked Daniel.

"Well, if the town is ready to accept me, well, I guess then I will have no other option but to , answered Edward.

"Oh, there's gotta be someone here willing to accept you besides I and my family unless, it's you and your bag heading to the north", replied Daniel scornfully.

"I pray it's doesn't come to that", Edward replied with a smirk on his face.

"We will see about that but till then, Mr Edward Carnon, let me show you around the town. Maybe, you can see a decent occupation for your troubles", said Daniel while he stood up.

"Yes sir but before that, I will need to take a bath, Sir. My skin have been really tight since last night", said Edward, making demonstrations of his pains to Daniel but he was both provoked and utterly denied by the old man.

"What? A BATH? do you think this is a road trip. Oh technically, we are going to the bar to attract some whores! Come Ed. let's hit the road", shouted Daniel as he made his way out of the dining room to the front porch. Edward looked up and down. He took a picture of his head in his mind. His wet clothes from last night was what he was wearing. He thought it must have dried out to his misfortune, it turned out to be the opposite.

He adjusted his clothes and ran out the door with Mr Daniel leading him into the outskirts of Sandroville.

While the duo moved round the crowd town, Edward was a little bit disgusted about the community environment. At a point, he got really really confused. Edward stopped to look and fell down to the ground.

Unknowingly to him, he was on someone's stall. He felt a soft touch on his back helping him up...

And there laid Edward Carnon, now dumbstruck of who he saw - a being of benovelence.

Thanks for reading!!!......
Next chapter on Wednesday!!!......
Vote and read on!!!....