Chapter 29: The Rescue Implementation

S o u n d t r a c k
Elastic hearts by sia

THE RESCUE IMPLEMENTATION

Edward:
"We have to go now. Don't you have any humanity left in you?", I yelled out to Jark as he turned towards he door. Despite his abrupt action about my query, he didn't seem to be quite helpful about  the case at hand. All that was in display was the foul attitude of Jark towards his very own friend, Chimeandel.

It has been a few hours since the sudden disappearance of The Druid and still, there has been no sign of him  yet. Although, the night had gone cold and thankfully, the creatures of the night didn't creep the hell outta me but still, my companion hasn't returned. I felt worried more and more as the time passed by.

Due to the unstable stare of mind, I decided to do embark on a quest to find Chimeandel with the aim on bringing another unfriendly accomplice of mine - Jark. On the search. Shockingly, it turns out that Jark fell to the other side of the tray.

He Refuses!

"Why do you want me to do that? Did I beg you two to inquire about me? You both should have known from the start that this would be a fruitless mission", replied Jark angrily as he sat uncomfortably on the chair right in front of him. He took out the stool nearby, placing his foot on it. I stared on for a minute at Jark as he whistles loudly in the opened skies. Immediately, I moved to his position but not too close that he could reach me.

"I had no intention whatsoever to come here. In truth, I didn't even know this was Chimeandel's plan all along - to bring a selfish, un- careful and socially detached man into the fray", I revolted back at Jark instantly but I felt I went too far, possibly must have touched a nerve. Jark at that moment grazed into my eyes with intense rage. I could hear his heartbeat pounding phenomenally as well as his deep breathing that fuelled his anger.

"Don't you EVER mention those words from your shitty oral tract ever again!. Besides, Speaking of those under the category if careless intentions, i wasnt the one whom carelessly pulled up a anicent mystical ball which was meant to be hidden from the reach of both immortal  and man alike. You didnt need my assistance when you pulled up that stunt and now, you still dont so Edward or whichever your name is, go find your magician yourself or better still... GET LOST! ", yelled Jark in a provoked manner.

So Heartless!

How could two close friend end up in a calamitic condition that one will have the heart to neglect the other? The world is indeed a place for all but to roam this earth alone.

I still couldnt believe what Jark said. It was quite disturbing. Anger and guilt steeamed up to my brain. The thought of the reality discovering that crystal and the discomfort of Jark's betrayal towards Chimeandel got my head spinning. In thought, I closed my eyes, thinking on the mode I should follow. I had just one line to draw - to face one trouble to opt another, the most pressing one. Drawing to the conclusion of my plan, I decided to roam out for the Druid myself but before following sute, I had to make my stand towards Jark.

With Vampiric speed, I rushed to his chair, holding his neck tight on the spot. Even though I could hear him choking right in front of me, I didn't relent. Maybe he was pleading on his behalf. Unfortunately, it was too late for him now.

My hands grew tighter as it made its way near his windpipe. I felt like I was a bit close in crushing his throat. Undeniably, he fought back with for using his hands but my fast reflexes dominated the game.

"You may be so good with the idea that Chimeandel is currently missing. With This vague response of yours, I will solely find him myself and I will. The problem now falls on you. If I find out you surely have a hand in his disappearance, I will make sure you don't see the morning sun. You can strongly trust on that", frowning as I slowly let go of his throat, I ended my speech in an angry and brutal manner which was followed by the wild coughing of Jark as he instantly fell to the floor.