Chapter 26: Tattoos on Sheep's hides.

S o u n d t r a c k
Hundred by khalid

TATTOOS ON SHEEP'S HIDES

Present Day...
Beats of the dancing windelas choked into my eardrums, quickly triggering my self consciousness. I made two quick blinks. Then, with very rare efficiency, I opened my eyes, which pulled me out my slumber.
"Ouch!", I cried out in pain as I slowly began to get up. I moved My hands into the ground for leverage as I turned my position to west. I felt like I was drained out of life and energy. I couldn't even hurt a fly. Unfortunately, I just had to swat on the bare ground.

My eyes were still weak and blurry for my ordeal but I could still fathom the sight of the seagull which kept on crackling on a mahogany tree nearby me. I remained calm as I watched the bird sing on the tree branch. Still, I might have frightened the poor bird. Few seconds later, The blue seagull flew past me as I ridiculously grazed at it while it left. That's was where I got to the breaking point.

I discovered that I was lying down in the forest. Immediately, I got to my feet in shock. Dusting my shoes now filled with mashed leaves and moist soil under my heels, i thought about my means about how i got here.

By just a brief thought about the forest, I finally got to the root of my problems. With this quick revisit to my memory lane, I began to recall everything; from the brawl between me and my deadly enemy, its catastrophe and then... I paused for a minute. Shock gripped me. My limbs grew cold and weak. The day breeze hit me again as I shivered in fear about my near -death experience.

"The wooden stake!", I said the words  silently in my mind as I bow my head down. I got ashamed at myself for my act but unfortunately, I seemed to be alright. This wasn't to be so. Maybe this could be the land of the spirit.,  I thought but with Curiosity in need for decent answers, I quickly looked at my chest for my weapon on destruction which i strongly believe It was buried inside my chest. This was where the ball hit me hard. I couldn't explain what had happened to me.

The wooden stakes were all gone!

As if that was even more suspicious, I couldn't even find the wolf whom I thought would have been dead on its pool of blood. It was gone, without a trace but that wasnt all. The two wooden stake on my chest were just a bit on the patter.

There were no injuries either!

"What in the world?!", I lamented in shock written all over my face. What could possibly have happened? My wounds are already healed. I really need an information worthy of an explanation, I nodded, acknowledged the wisdom of my own thought. This was indeed mysterious. How did it get to this? I was just in need for answers but firstly, I had to find my path. I just have to get the hell out of this jungle.

I looked in the sky,staring at the blue clouds hovering in the atmosphere. Birds of prey flew to and fro as the search for their daily bread. This git me thinking, I wasn't the prey anymore. I'm just a weak dumb vampire... Or whatever Chimeandel called it. This was my burden anyways. I was lost, both physically and psychologically. I had no direction to follow now and to matters worse, Chimeandel, the only human I trusted had abandoned me. I should have never had put my trust in me. I let my guard down for a druid to trap me here. Maybe he was scared of my abilities, my powers. Now, he was deserted me, leaving here to die, I thought.

"Oh lord!, I shouted out in agony. I began to understand the whole drift, Chimeandel's and the wolf attack on me. "It was all a plan. Chimeandel planned it all!. He never wanted my help. He was bound to kill me!" , I cried out in angry about realizing the druid's dirty plan. It knew it. This explained how he got so silent during the trip and his awkward behavior. I began to fume in rage and revenge. The crazy old man nearly got me killed. This brutal act must never go unpunished. I must take his soul personally. I must find him at all cost.