Chapter 38: From Frying Pan To Shits

S O U N D T R A C K
Carry your throne by Jon Bellion

FROM FRYING PAN TO SHITS

Edward:
It wasn't funny. It wasn't familiar. All seems to be odd to my brain. I felt nothing but the void to fulfil my curiosity. The night grew darker and darker on the blue moon but this didn't stop the strange woman in my letter, the mysterious Kimberley from her mission.

I thought it was all over as my training had ended peacefully tonight as I successfully beat Jark in combat but this was just the beginning of my life in this land. Taken by the hand, Kimberley led me from our secret meeting place to the other side of the castle not too far from where the north wing was.

"Get it. The guards must not see us!", ordered Kimberley as she opens up a door on the floors which seems to be a hidden tunnel leading to where I didn't even have a depth of knowledge about.

Where was this place, i wondered as I began to walk through this dark long tunnel with Kimberley leading the way. Instantly, a puff of dust came littering the air with its brown appearance. I covered my nostrils with my index finger.

"What is that foul smell? Where are you taking me woman? Where is this?", I asked as I tried to satisfy my inquisitive mind. Kimberley looks at me as she lays her tung finger in my lips.

"Has anyone told you that you ask a lot of questions, because you do", replied Kimberley in which she removes her hand from my lips.

After a short while of walking on under the sercet tunnel filled with dusty walls and spider webs, it seems that we might have reach our destination die to the fact that I could see a tall brown door embedded with so many cracks that I couldn't really count.

Kimberley opens the door wide open as she looks at me with a smile, "We are here".

"Where the hell is this", I asked Kimberley out of interest of this strange place. Kimberley made a wide smile to me as she takes me by the hand across this  long hallway.

"This is The Resistance. The only place and people who poses a new greater civilization ahead and against of the Petersons", said Kimberley zealously.

"Why would you say against the Peterson? Why would you? Or do you... or your people hold a grudge against the King because clearly, I can't find a single soul in this place you call home", I said out of annoyance as I withdrew my hands from Kimberley.

Kimberley looks at me with her blue eyes and blond beautiful looking hair. She takes a few steps towards me.

"We, my people are all here. You just can't see them but they see you", replied Kimberley.

This gave me the chills. Even though I was so confused on the spot, I got scared as hell. What does this strange woman mean, i thought.

"Oh clearly, like i have lost my sight, huh? I'm blind as a bat. I don't see anyone here so woman, lead me with your hands. I think you are joking with me here so get me out of here", I responded with a frown on my face as turned back trying to figure my way out of this cave. I was about reaching out for the door knob when I heard a strange voice from behind.

"There are all here with you, Edward", said the strange voice from the large room.

"Who was that? Who else is here, Kimberley?", I shouted out in the open empty room. I stared back at the door and back again at Kimberley whom walked slowly to my direction.

"I told you before. They are my people and they are here", said Kimberley with enthusiasm. I watched her as she reach fir the floors of the tunnel. She takes a handful of sand as she slowly stood up. Kimberley, the woman in the letter now looks at me with a weird smile on her face which made me want to run out of the room with immediate effect but I watched as she slowly began to pour out the hand packed sand from her hand vertically.