chapter 4:New secrets

S O U N D T R A C K
Don't cry by xxxtentacion ft lil Wayne      

                       NEW SECRETS

My life has became a living hell ever since eternity. My legs have encountered so many destinations.i have since life and death all at the same time. I can vividly remember my past life. I can even smell my past memories flowing all around me, not to talk about my future.

I have since time moving on a straight path, not thinking twice or looking left or right.it just keeps ticking and ticking and I never follow it.maybe time forgot about me or just want to punish me for my sins.time to me is like a cupcake.

My past and present are nothing. I have seen wars, death, life, evolution, extinction throughout my stay on this world. My feet have become so famillar with unknown surroundings.

It all started a long time ago. I stayed with my parents in the Carnon's mansion. The mansion, strangely built but stood elegantly on the outskirts of Lucipan.  My parents were one of the richest and most influential people in the town and we lived a very happy and modest life.

On this particular day, I and my friends ventured into the woods that surrounds Lucipan. We weren't supposed to be there but you know, young bloods... who fucking cares. We just wanted to have a bit of fun like crazy young boys and everything was going well.

Well, that was until we saw a big white rabbit. My hunting instincts kicked in as I urged my friends to follow me in chasing the rabbit.  We chased it to a hole and I, determined to get the rabbit brought out the cutlass we came with.

I bent down and started digging. I could feel the sweat dripping down from my face as the sun was still shining with an annoying and furious intensity. I wonder what I did for such treatment. I was about to give up until my cutlass hit something solid.

"Did you hear that?" I asked looking up to my friends.
They seems to have forgotten about me as they engage themselves in climbing trees. I looked back at the hole and decided to satisfy my curiosity.

I dug round the hole I had made until I saw a box. I carried it out, examining it carefully.

"Hey,look what I found." I said to them waving the box up for them to see. They came closer to check it out themselves. The box looked like an ancient artifact with a lot of symbols, Greek, Anicent Trccin or Latin. It was something I couldn't fathom or start thinking about.

I saw a latch that was used to fasten the box and some rusty chain around it. its looks like the individual who hid this was either stingy or protective. I went to sit under a tree as my curiosity got the best out of me. My mind fought an inner battle whether to open it or not.

"I hope you don't plan to open it." Harold, one of my friends said.
"Remember we aren't even supposed to be here", Steve responded fearfully on the spot. I scoffed, throwing all caution into the air and opened the box.

I was awestruck with the content. How can something so beautiful be buried in the woods? I asked myself.
A blue crystal, so beautiful that i cant even start describing it laid there.I placed the box on the floor and I took the crystal in my hands.

Then something strange happened.

It felt like an enormous energy flowing through my veins. A burning heat followed as my eyes widened in shock. I closed my eyes and tried to fight the pain that accompanies this feeling. And when I couldn't take it again, I dropped the crystal back into the box.

My friends were giving me this questioning look. I hurriedly stood up, wanting to get away from the box as quickly as possible.
"C'mon let's get outta here." I told them fearfully as I started for the road we came through.

My friends followed and we started talking that is after they asked if I was alright. Soon the event of that day was forgotten, almost as if it never happened.

Some months later, i started feeling stange and I never saw it as anything. Gradually, the feelings became stranger as I became withdrawn and started having a strong affinity for the woods, mostly during the night.

It was quite a shame that my parents noticed my change in behaviour and I dismissed it, telling them it was absolutely nothing. Another change I noticed was that I had a craving for red substances.

I started with tomato juice, red wine, but they didn't seem enough but that wasn't all. Frequent daydreams, hallucinations and nightmares occured. Some of which made fear than the rest.

More importantly, I could explain either of these dreams. They didn't stop. They never left. It felt like it got worse and worse by the day but this was just the beginning of my entitlement – My suffering. I woke up one day in the woods, feeling disgusted as I saw myself stained with blood.

My clothes, hands even my mouth taste of blood. I didn't understand how I got there until I saw an antelope lying mangled beside me. Then it dawned on me what had happened. I had killed it but I wasn't expecting to feel at ease with this.

I felt ...satisfied and then consciously, I started feeding on animals. The raw taste seeming like I have been used to it since birth. I thought that was enough until I started perceiving a peculiar scent from humans.

Their blood seems to be calling out to me but I never thought of doing anything to harm them, until one fateful day. I got into an argument with a drunkard in a stranded street.  He wanted to take advantage of a lady and I was angered.

I didn't know how but a single blow and he was down. I wasn't satisfied with it as I lunged at him and continued punching him in the face. A drop of blood landed on my lips and I tasted it. My first human blood and damn...it was so good.

That was how I became addicted to human blood travelling far to attack a lone person and feed on them. The attacks were getting frequent and everyone became conscious. It was hard to get human blood and animals blood doesn't seem enough.

Then... just at the middle of winter, I traced my steps back to the woods where I found the crystal. I wasn't thinking, just felt like holding the crystal. And this time, the feeling was different. This time, I closed my eyes and welcomed the burning sensation.

I opened my eyes and it was different. I wasn't seeing things the way I used to, or the way any humans is supposed to.
It was quite extraordinary.
I dropped the crystal and my urge to drink blood hit me in multiple folds. My thinking was blocked as the only thing I could think of was ....BLOOD and the only place I could get enough of it was the town.

It was as if my brain was programmed bascally with the word “BLOOD”.
I started racing towards there only thinking of how to satisfy my thirst. It was an ugly sight as I raided the town, biting, slashing and sucking as much blood as possible trying to gain satisfaction.

I didnt care about anybody status. Both old and young got their own share of my massacre.sympathy was deleted out of my brain.I was taking long and I just can't stop now.
When I finally stopped, there was not a single soul alive.

Realisation dawned on me as I knew the gravity of what I had just done. I killed my town's people. I killed everyone. Families, friends, everyone.
I couldn't stand  it and I left Lucipan, for some random town. I didn't stay there too long as I feared that someone will find me out soon.

I kept running and hiding, not staying more than 5 days in anyplace. I became a wanderer, a man with no purpose of settling down. An Animal and a creature of instant doom.

Years after years I adopted this as my lifestyle, even till today…

"You had better get your ass up if you want to be paid.".I heard one of the miners. There, I discovered that I was in trance all along remembering my past. I shook my head trying to get my thoughts back to the present.

I stood up and started for the mine. Then, my supernatural hearing picked up something in the woods. I stopped for a while and then it hit me.

They are here.

Hope this chapter was quite intriguing .
What do you think would be Edward's next challenge?

And what is the fate of sandroville with the devil on their grounds?
Check it out in next chapter next week
Vote And please comment!!!
Follow me up!!!!