Chapter 34: Where were you, Pain?

S O U N D T R A C K
Belong by The Weeknd

WHERE WERE YOU, PAIN?

Jark's POV:

It wasnt right.

It wasnt appropriate.

It wasnt as planned. Overall, we were compromised. The horses were peacefully galloping through the path. I was about to bring thte horses to a rest when I heard the eering sound of strange animals from behind. I thought I was just dreaming  I had to look to and fro for a clear view but there was non. All that I could get was the wail of the old man's signal:

"Jark, Get us out of here RIGHT NOW!. The creatures of the dark are here. Ride like hell!", said Chimeandel.

Without hesitation, I raced like the wind. Within minutes, I felt like the fastest entity ever. I couldn't feel my face. Behind me, I could hear the animals making their way on the carriage with their claws. Spells and chants began to rain all over the place from Chimeandel. There was only one question that needed to he answered:

What was Chicken legs doing?

"He must be rolling in fear at a corner. That weak bastard!", I thought.

The carriage kept on moving on and on without stopping... and on till the night sky leveled the area. Finally, dusk came and we finally found a hidden cave right below the road path where we rode soon after we ditched the carriage and hid the horses.

"So we won't gonna talk about the foul creatures that tried to attack us?!", I shouted out, breaking the silence in the room. Chimeandel looks down to the ground, now seems to be contemplating on what to say to Jark.

"Those creatures were once people. Peaceful people that lived in this land. There were as huge like a civilization. They were called "Sonzu". They are free, war resistive people that took care of this place that was once a paradise but even since the dark war, Mingre's dark magic has spread to this region and still after the fall of the Dark Queen, it has remained like that even since", said Chimeandel while he watched as Edward and I stare in awe.

"So, you mean those beast out there are... ", said Edward as he was immediately cut off by Chimeandel saying " Yes, Those beast are the lost people of the Milky way. They have been transformed into beasts by the dark spell over here. They have turned to vicious creatures and soon if we are not careful, we might turn like them".

There was an instant silence in the room. I was just mad and scared as hell but Chimeandel made it all worse.
"Wait, what do you mean that we will turn like them?", i asked.

"We have been moving on this road for five days. We just have two days to get Peterson unless...", Chimeandel stopped his speech, putting his head done on the floor but due to my rage I felt in me, I revolted back to the old man.

"Unless what, Chimeandel?", asked Edward with a worried face.

"Unless we would be like those beast outside", said Chimeandel. Everybody was now shaking about this new information. Soon, Edward was now rolling in the floors in fear. I fumed up at the Druid in no time.

"Why could you? Why would you make us to come into this forbidden land and you son of a cow knew this would happen?!", I revolted.

"Don't you get! It was either the angry mood of Penwort or here. There was no other way!, said Edward in rage as he stood up to reply.

"You know what? You better get your stupid ass right back on that dirt and continue to roll before I beat your fat ass, sucker!", I shouted back at Edward. Soon, there was a a big quarrel in the room between Edward and I.