Chapter 25: Death or pain

S o u n d t r a c k
Scars by Michael Malarkey

DEATH OR PAIN

Edward's Pov
The moon shown brightly below me while I looked at its clear reflection on the waters. My head above water downcast. My eyes continued to stare down the lake, observing the constant ripple on the water surface as cold water fell from my hair. The instant unexpected rainfall had set my vitals high. As I closed my eyelid, I could feel my body's transmission in all sort of unidentified expressions - The blood in me began to boil, my feet overwhelmed in power as my hands were shaking in shock.

From a distance, I could see Chimeandel hiding near a bush, watching the upcoming opposing in the ring. The man whom was carrying his wooden sticks had fled for his own safety. At the other end not too far far from the old man, I stared at the growling beast running bloody saliva all over the grass. Its prevent sight had shocked it to the point of psychological oblivion. Spite of this, it still had some temperament in his eyes.

Suddenly at the middle of the pouring rain, the beast made another loud bawl which shocked the earth once again but this time, with a purpose. At the sudden end of this deadly noise, The furious wolf advances towards me for the second time, running with all its might and vigour. I had no choice whatsoever. Then, I made my move. I slowly walked from the river bank with all the power I had in me. I could sense my brain cells spiking in an alarming rate. Instantly, my fingers changed into claws, my toe nails grew longer as I felt my canine teeth emerges into an enormous large one.

In a moment, I never knew when I started running, running at a speed which i couldn't imagine as I moved towards my foe. Within minutes, I was on the spike of heat. I felt the energy moving in every ounce of my blood, pushing me to my goal.

The night was dark and the mood was set. I and my strongest archenemy moved with haste towards each other as the rain poured down below. Our eyes fixed on one other as we enclosed towards an intersection. The clock ticks on the set of our deadline - for Death or pain.

Five

Four

Three

Two

One...

The leaves on the wilt while the loud sound of Thunder shocked the earth as we connected near the intersection at the last minutes, beginning the sound of war. As the beast advances without hesitation or pity, I could picture myself battling this vicious creature on the ground once again. The fight against me and my beast had began.

I picked up a stack laid on the muddy soil as the deadly beast approaches. I stood my ground, looking forward to the wolf far away. As quick as lightening, I threw my weapon towards my enemy. My weapon spinned on the air rapidly. Unfortunately, it moved side ways, instantly alerting the beast to prevent collision but luckily, it still made a fatal injury at its fore limbs. The wolf made a loud wail while I watched as blood gushes out continuously from the spot. This could probably take him down, I thought but my dreams were much more unrealistic than my current position as I stood staring at the beast with a shocked look on my face.

The wailing Animal stopped its cry. It looked towards my direction once more with a more aggressive look. I could feel the rage in its eyes, the heavy breath of death from the distance. I froze up in fear as the animal went back on its feet, sprinting once more to my spot. I was lost, totally out of options. Far more worse, the stack I had was the only instrument of defense I had and seriously, it was the last!.