chapter 6:The Debt with a shock

S O U N D T R A C K
Self by khalid

            THE DEBT WITH A SHOCK

        "WELCOME TO SANDROVILLE"

These words spread out as I looked at the signboard with my savageness taking over.my raced to the town angry without self control.....

**********************************************************************************

Natalia
I opened slowly my eyes slowly.i raised my eyeball at the window,looking at the sunrise.its was a new day for me.my days this last few weeks have been challenging.

My body movement could have changed.i looked fatter.my mother nocited this uncertain changes but how was i able to  tell her that i was pregnant for Edward?.i had to carry my shame for eternity.

I woke up in the morning qute weak and weary.maybe it was due to the fact that the strange noises that I heard outside disturbed my sleep.the pandemonium and the bell woke me last night.

I got up from the bed to find my father but he was nowhere to be found.maybe he went out during the night due to the emergency bell.i couldn't understand what was going on,apart that some animal killed something or someone.

I was in the kitchen,preparing breakfast when my father burst into the house,feeling shaky and scared.that was weird because my father have never been scared of any situation,expect if the beer at the bar finished.

He would hit the table so hard with depression just for a beer.well,I got to give it to him,he's a drinker.....

The roasted pork was laid on the table with some other delicacies on the side and some plates round the table.i was waiting for the hungry beasts to devour the food but they were scarce at the table.

I knew something was wrong.i heard whispers at the living room.the voices talked at a very low pitch and intensity. sounds my parents were having a conversation.i sneaked through the living room,trying to hide from my secretive  parents.

I heard my father talking about an animal that killed a man at the mine.the news shocked me.wasnt the same animal from last night?it should have been caught already.......

The morning sun was out.the burning complexize sensations in my body.i dragged my feet along the dusty market road.it has been quite some time since I saw Edward.i could remember vividly about the last time we spoke which was still on the disturbing issue:

  "So you are pregnant?for whom?"

   " Please,don't try to make any of this worst.its you of course.who else have tasted my Apple?"

  "This is a big nut to crack.it only happened once right?"

  "Yeah,and that ONCE has turned into a seed.i don't know what to do Edward.how do i explain to my mother and papa that I lost my virginity to a..."

  "To what?"

  "That not the issue at hand"

  "Speak up,there is nothing to be afraid"

"Hmmm.... A stranger but my father will be so furious"

"Hmm....a stranger" *thinks*

"It's just a word,nothing more"

"I am not into than stranger cheap...whatever...the point is about your parents.what in the hell have I gotten myself into?"

"Same here.if this comes out to the public,I will be a total disgrace.oh No!.This can't be happening to me!!"

Edward paused for a while,staring at me sobing with teardrops rolling down my cheeks.i thought it was the end of the road for me.its official.

I finally dragged my family name t o the mud.As for Edward,he was mute.he has been in trance.he looked at me once again,patting my back.i gazed at him with our eyes locked to each other.

I knew at that moment that he had a plan.his innocent facial structure gave me courage and confidence but that disappeared when he uttered these words:

   "Let's run away together"

Run away?!RUN AWAY?!!

     How was i suppose to leave my family and elope with a man?.How in heaven's name would I ignore my ancestral home and run with Edward?.

Sandroville means a lot to me and I wouldn't tear down my bond from the town.i couldn't settle with Edward's proposal.i bluntly denied and left his house under the gushy rain.

As my legs moved to and fro through the market with my neatly looking basket in my right hand,I began to purchase some items.lettuce,broccoli,spinach and some beans arranged gently.

The hit sun continued to appear violent.i count bear it anymore.i sat near a stall to shade myself from the merciless Sun rays.stressed out by the over-rated work at hand,I laid still for a moment.i began to recall all my past memories,the issue with Edward,parents,family and so on.

I was left off-guard in my well of thought until I started hearing some strange noise,coming from the town.thought it was just a mere fight as usual,which occurs n the bar frequently whenever men are totally drunk and out of control.

I took it as normal and returned back to my previous duty.it got to a point that I couldn't bear the noise anymore.the noise grew louder and louder each minute until it became unbearable.

From out of nowhere,people dispatched on the run.individuals from unknown places started running.they kicked every obstacle on their way.they couldn't even care less about the fruit stall or the grocery boxes right in front of them.

They all just ran so fast without looking back.children,women,men and men animals ran to different angles.the market road was filled with fruits and vegetables,perfumed with dust in the air.i took a closer look at the escapees.

I saw a reddish substance on their bodies with bite marks on numerous parts.this only connots one thing:

                               Blood!

      BUT WHO COULD HAVE DONE THIS?

I decided to get a closer look at the core of this helter skelter

As I approached towards the town,every look silent As a graveyard.the dust contaminated the air so well that I could barely see.smoke and fumes bombarded the atmosphere.

I continued to drag my feet through the ground with my eyes and pace at alert.i went forword with the knowledge that I was going to either my doom or grave.every step I took made my belly twist.i didnt work too far when I saw the creepiness laid on the outskirts of the town.fear gripped me.my limbs went numb.

My heart stopped.my breathing increased.i could hear the cries of humans at every corner of the town.The mudy ground of the town was indeed disoriented.i looked up.on my left,broken doors and torn clothes.on my right,cries of the unknown.

I stood still for a bit,with a scared looking face.this wasn't not even a bar fight.This was worse than a fight..........

What did Natalia See?
Find out in the next chapter!!!!
Vote and comment about the book.