Chapter 30: Lighter

S o u n d t r a c k
Mount Everest by Labrinth

Lighter

Edward:
The constant hot breeze filled the room again. There was nothing but a lit up lamp stand at the corner of the room. The sound of dangling metal chains covered my ears on and on. This was frequently followed by the sound of a man whose breath was as heavy as stone.i was indeed dumbstruck. I couldn't  even recognize the old man was was bound in chains from head to toe.

"Chimeandel, what's going on?", I spoke up, still baffled with the sight of the Druid in chains as my hands were busy breaking the chains to bits.
"Master Carnon, thank Goodness you came to my aid. The son of the soio doesn't forget the dangers that haunts him", said Chimeandel.
"What do you mean by that?", I replied.
"We have been compromised, Master Edward. Someone saw us in the woods and reported us to the local chiefs", said Chimeandel in dispair.

I feeezed on the spot. Compromised! How could this be?

"Compromised, you say. By who?", I asked put of curiosity as I helped Chimeandel out of the cell.
"By a hunter in the woods, I guess that's how I got arrested right in the middle of the main market by armed guards", said Chimeandel.
"I dont really understand you, old man. You have magical powers. Why cant you just bust yourself out with it?, I asked in anger.
"Bloody harm isn't on my playbook, son. Only if when necessary", said Chimeandel.

We were close to the exit of the tunnel when  we got the attention by another sound - a metal bang. We both looked behind to discover that there was another being in the cell - A man.

"Who is that, Chimeandel? Is that some culprit or misfit?", I asked.
"Oh, That fellow is none. He is just a good lad labelled with the accusation of murder. We need to free him too, Edward" , pleaded Chimeandel but I knew by a long shot this wasnt possible for the clanging of metal armor and the heavy footsteps on the ground coming through the tunnel. I could hear them all and i knew what was coming...

The Soldiers were on their way!

"Hell no! We need to go now. The Soldiers are coming!", I replied hastily.
"Cant you see that he is in pain?! We need to help him!", shouted Chimeandel.
"We can save him another time but today isn't the day", I replied with the heavy trample of the ground that filled my hear as the voice of the troop leader shouts:
"I can see the prisoners. Hurry lads, dont let them escape!"

Immediately, I grabbed Chimeandel by the hand, drawing him closer to me;
"Old man, hear me now. Do you want to die in a cell for something fetish you didn't commit or to move now and plan for a better way to save this young man?", I replied to chimeandel, pointing at the helpless man in the cell.

Chimeandel looked at the me for a second, literally shocked at a spot. He then moves into the cell, holding the prisoner's hand.

"We may be no more but as long as you keep being alive, I assure you, you must be saved. We will come back for you, I promise", said Chimeandel as he let go of the prisoner's hand. Chimeandel looks away, moving directly to the lamp stand at the Corner of the room where he picked up his staff. He comes close to me whom was already prepped up for a battle of a lifetime.

"Let them come. They will feel my wrath this dusk!", I spoke up in a warrior tone as the continuous tremble of the soldiers drew closer. The time was near. My blood began to overload. My legs now in a powerful mode as I feel my eyes change. I was about to rush toward the battalion when Chimeandel held me by the hand.

"Oh, please, son. Not today. Excasilasmus!", said Chimeandel as he immediately chanted a spell. At that instant, the soldiers came into the room, carrying instruments of instant death and breastplate of armor, all ready to be dripped in blood but something went wrong.

"They are gone!. They have escaped!", screamed a lower ranked soldier.
"But how, they were just here, how?" Said the group's leader.

Meanwhile on the other hand, I was standing at the edge of the forest, baffling hard on the ground.
"CHIMEANDEL, Dont you ever do that without my permission again", I brawled out angrily as I continued to vomit in the nearby bushes.
"Oh, dear. Truthfully, it was must better that what could have happened. Come on, let's get back to our friend as soon as possible. I believe we have an issue at hand. Hell is coming, Edward", said Chimeandel as we continued into the jungle back to where we all started our recruitment - The house of my Frenemy.

It may be short but I hope you found it interesting. More rims to the puzzle on our next chapter.

Also, I guess this chapter can be considered as the first half of the novel.. Haha so I'm proud and happy about this so thank you for your reads and votes so far. You all are the best. Make sure you advert my novel via hashtag #IOS in Wattpad community. Your special offer awaits you do so.

Make sure you put out a word for the best Fantasy novel on board: #Ios and get a price all for free.

Stay blessed.

The Author
Itz Shawn ray.