Chapter 16:Desolation of Zarmin City

S O U N D T R A C K
Heaven by Khalid

Desolation of Zarmin city

36 minutes till countdown

Edward's pov
Time was running out.the dark cold arena of this little cool home was bout to fade out.My atmosphere of the room gave me the chills and thoughtlessness.

I never went to the gathering of the citizens at the council hall.it was utterly no use for that due to the fact that the whole Zarmin city would be up in flames in a hurry.

I made use of my well precious time in packing up my belongings.

My horse was almost ready and most of the luggage were hardly-set.i was so quick in pace for my survival,so engrossed in eluding away from this captivity of hell I was in.

I also made time to get as much human blood from the store room.thus,it wasn't easy as I  also compelled the doctor to forget i ever vandalized the blood bank from the store.

Now,all that was left was to burn down any evidence that I ought have left behind for my hunters.i took out everything flammable with evidential information about me,burned it in the fireplace.

I was about getting my luggage off the Door when suddenly,the citizens of Zarmin walked eccentrically towards different direction.

I stared as some seems to be opening their wards while others went home with ecstasy on their faces.to me,it was all weird and confusing.

They were this same people's whom were in outburst about their recent pandemonium some minutes ago and now,they are all smiling and opening their brown coated teeth in joy.

I looked all around me.it seems the people were less angrier than before.this was not natural at any level.

I went up to a fellow next to my home for some inquiry about this turmoil:

"Did counter Paulini disperse to you folks about his previous actions?"

The man whom I think looked like an alcoholic due to the barrel of wine close to him with a cup filled with brandy spoke in a drawly manner:

"My lad,all is well in Zarmin.we folks are to survive.Counter Paulini will make sure of that".

To me,it seems that the so called human next to me was totally a dick in a bag,a total nuisance to humanity.

All I wanted was an answer,not to find answers in between bushes but still,who am I?. I continued to listen to what the babbling drunkard was saying;

"Counter Paulini says we folks should be nice and comfortable in our homes that as long as he is still the head of the city,no one would tamper with us".

I felt something wrong from the man's speech.i decided to embellish more questions on him:

"So what about the enemy beyond the walls? Did he emphasis on that to the public?"

The Alcoholic gave out a loud giggle,spilling out some of his drink on the dirty mud:

"Comrade,whom is this enemy you speak of?.there is nothing outside the walls.its just a sham.Counter Paulini will personally deal with it.No need to worry,my fail masculine".