Chapter 23:Easier Said

S o u n d t r a c k
Life for rent by Dido

EASIER SAID

"What was that for? Why did you do That?!", replied Edward in annoyance.

Chimeandel moved round the room once again. He goes towards the window, looking out. His guest at the other side was in state of disturbance. He continues to rant on and on in the room.

"Why did you pull us out of the system? I was close to saving the king!", Shouted Edward. The old man completely ignored the young man. He proceeds towards his table,sitting down comfortably without saying a word. All he did was to get more books on his table.

Edward on the other hand, kept on talking about their debacle in the strange void they were. He was hell-bent on saving the king of Lungo. The young man felt Chimeandel must have muck something up. He began totally destabilized.

He walks towards the old man whom was busy looking at some awkward texts in his books. Edward bangs the table,setting Chimeandel's attention towards him.

"You have to take us back!. Right now!", revolted Edward in anger but still,Chimeandel shaked no muscle. He bows his head down as he continues to look at his books. Edward couldnt understand what was going on. He began to move like a marauder,looking for something he couldnt find. He leaned on a wall facing Chimeandel.
He stared at the old man as he continued to search for something within the book.

"Why would you have to do that? You know, you just killed the king,right?", Edward mumbles under his voice as he talked to Chimeandel whom got out his feather pen,writing on the table but Chimeandel had to end his muted act.
He speaks quickly to Edward, "You wouldn't have saved him,Edward. He was already dead before you stepped in".

"What do you mean? That my effort was futile?", Confused towards the reaction of Chimeandel's words, He boldly spoke up to the old man. Chimeandel continued to write so quickly but to keep the conversation alive, he replied to Edward.

"You were just in a trance. What you saw wasn't real. It was just a projection of the most important past event you needed to know. Thats the power of magic working in there,Edward", replied Chimeandel.

Edward walks towards Chimeandel in shock.  He looks to the old man whom suddenly rose his head to his guest, talking to him with a slow accent.
"So the point is here:Edward Carnon,Tell me,do you now believe in magic or not?"

These words hit Edward like a timed bomb. His state of reason was rising as his heart beat tremendously. He moved to the window,staring towards the distance cloud thinking about the his next stage of action.
Was I to fall into this this act of distortion or was this distortion real,he thought.

He looks to the distant street; People moving to and fro,Children running from stall to shades, secretly stealing apples and oranges behind the vendor sight. Mothers breastfeeding their young one behind their windows as she waves her husband good luck to work but unknown to some women,they never knew their beloved men were secretly meeting their ladies of the dark;The city Whores.

The young medium sized built man watched through Chimeandel's window contemplating about his option. He grazed more closer to what he may find but to his dismay,he never found what was visible in the lives of the people;magic.

He looks to Chimeandel,giving him his thoughts, "I have looked through the eyes of the living and of the people. I can see lies,deception,Trust,loyalty and bad vibes but what i don't see is the most invisible thing that can't be seen;Magic. I just can believe what I can see. It just not right".