chapter 5:Debut of the demon

S O U N D T R A C K
Jocelyn Flores by xxxtentacion

DEBUT OF THE DEMON

I looked up in the sky to picture my dissolved heart handing from a disoriented tread. I thought I was free from my past but I never knew it have been haunting me behind y back. I walked through the shadows leaning my head beneath my shoulders, hiding my soul from the truth.

It has been a week since I took my delicacy. I turned into a savage all because of a red looking disgusting substance. I could have killed an innocent man during the Akmoon. I waitso relieved when i grabbed the scent of an animal blood just few merters behind me.

Just to make sure it was real, my line of sight was pointing towards the direction of a barn next to an unknown farm.I knew the precautions for killed or stealing an owned property but I have no choice. I was either my lust killed me or I killed the cattle.

I tore up the poor cattle like a kid condemning a piece of paper.

My tongue danced through the cattle's blood, while the rest of the substance stream down my checks. I knew this wouldn't be enough in any way as the more I ingested that juicy substance, the more I became hungry as hell.

Through my years exprience on this curse of mine, I have the major basic ideology of my new self. Human blood was quite different from animal blood.the taste were particularly distinct as the energy gained is tripled. There were still more to it.

As it seems, the rules of my survival are simple. No human killings but naturally, there are some restrictions following it. Without the ingestion of human blood, it makes me weak but I knew destroying innocent lives wouldn't be fair to save one soul.

I would'nt risk it so I created my personal code: no human blood. This have been my lifestyle for years and I wouldn't break the code, not today. ,I can't kill a human, not anymore.

Over my years of existence, I should have encountered a great deal of experiences, greed, betrayals, death, commitments. Now a living curse, I do have all the powers of the universe. Speed, agility, heightened sense and the rest but truly, I don't do what real humans engage in.

I am like a soul left out in the dark. These so called inabilities are three in number. I don't enter mortuaries. I don't enter a house a dead soul inhabited in and lastly, which is the most important, I dont drink the blood of the emotionally challenged such as those whom may be facing sorrow, pain, sadness.

I such remembered the first day I tried to drink the blood of a sorrowful woman whom lost her husband. I held her in my arms. I just only dipped my teeth in her neck taking a sip of her blood and that was it. Just that one sip nearly killed me.

It was like a burning sensation in my body, so hot that I ran out of the scene like a deranged buffoon. It took me two years to realise this phenomenon. Unfortunately, the remedy for this was for me to eat the heart of a happy soul.

I then realised that blood was my only source of my survival. That was why I created my code. I had to put my feet on the ground to this. Enough souls have died on my behalf.

I have been running away from so many people, not to talk about the strange group that have been chasing me for ages.

Ever since I became this savage being that I have not the slightest idea of, I have been a runner for ages but through my race, It was until now i encountered a rare item: