Chapter 36: Truth Is A Chemical

S O U N D T R A C K
Chlorine by Twenty one pilots

TRUTH IS A CHEMICAL

Edward:

"What the hell, Chimeandel?", I shouted as the crazy old man still continues to smile behind the unknown king I still know nothing about. I watched as Chimeandel laid his two hands on my shoulders.

"It's alright son. All is well", whispered Chimeandel softly in my ears. He then moves to Jark whom was reluctantly moves away from the Druid from touching him on his shoulders.

"Release them!", ordered the king.

As quickly as they were ordered, the two soldiers from the dungeon rushed up to us. Bit by bit, the chain came falling off our body. We were finally free well... not for the other soldier whom Jark lepted upon and threw him to the floor as everyone on the stage look in freight.

"I told you you will pay, you sick son of s bitch!", responded Jark while he hears the wailing and choking breath of the solider he keep strangling on the floor. As fast as they could, soldiers reached to the scene to break things up.

"Jark, that's enough! You nuisance! Apologize to the supreme lord", yelled out Chimeandel. At last, the rogue prisoner bowed down to the man on the throne.

"I'm sorry my liege. I just needed to teach one of your soldiers the meaning of respect for his elderly", said Jark with a low tone.

"Its alright, my fellow man. Get up. You should be happy about this day. I have been waiting for moons to see this day. You have indeed journeyed round this world to get here, haven't you?" Asked King Peterson in amazement.

Jark now getting comfortable at the moment now replies, "Yes lord. I have".

The king now stood up with his staff from his throne. He moves  closer to Jark, slowly using his fingers to play around his hair. He stares into Jark's red eyes.

"You have been the man I have been waiting for all my life. I thought I wasn't going to grace my eyes upon the saviour in my generation but I could finally see you standing in front of me. Finally, the saviour of the world is here. The Everlasting. Kiss my ring son", said King Peterson as he lays his right hand to the lips of Jark but the clever Jark knew better.

He watches as the King stood still waiting for young man to kiss his ring. This pissed Jark off. There was  clearly a misunderstanding and Jark could see.

"Ehmm... My lord, I'm sorry but I'm not the Everlasting. He his (points at me)", said Jark as I instantly turned to the king's direction. I knelt down in front of the king of the city. I kissed his ring as he places his other hand on my hair as he continues to play with my hair with his massive fingers. Why the hell was he doing this, I thought.

"So you are the famous Everlasting I have been waiting for, yes?", asked the king.

"Well, yes and no. Yes to the fact that Chimeandel must have told you things you ought to believe and no to the fact that I don't yet approve to the idea of me being a so called Everlasting you all see me to me", I replied to the king whom began to laugh at my comments.

"So you don't align with the idea of being a Champion of the world? Surely, you must have reasons. What other way to discuss this on the dinner table?", replied the king as he holds my hand while we walked down the long pyramid stairs for dinner.

Finally, it was dinner time. Servants came out from each opening in the large hallway. Stewards presenting sweet savouring delicacies on the table as the hungry looking subjects devoured on them as quickly as they could. Painted in gold and designing in sparkling diamonds picked up my interest than the words the king was asking about.