Chapter 8 - I'll be Your Strength

Delilah's POV:

I woke up still in my clothes next to a sleeping Tom. My head was pounding as if it had it's own heartbeat. I put sweats on and went downstairs for some tea. 

"Couldn't sleep?" 

I jumped when heard Siva's voice. "Oh, no. I just woke up actually. My head is killing me."

"I'll call the doctor tomorrow."

I nodded pouring myself tea in silence.

I sat down and Siva sat next to me grabbing my hand. I turned to look at him. He looked like he was going to cry. I could tell he was worried and restless. I needed to to tell him, I know. But how do you tell your brother, your best friend-

"Delilah?" Siva said interrupting my thoughts.

"Yes Siva?"

"What really happened with Danny?"

My heart starting racing. All the memories came flooding back to me. All the smiles, laughing, kisses, hugging, everything. Including the yelling and fighting. I winced at the thought; touching my ribs..

"Delilah. I'm talking to you. I need to know what's going through your head." Siva demanded.

"I-I..I'm sorry Siva I just can't talk about it right now." I said; tears falling down my face.

I grabbed my tea and ran upstairs to bed. I didn't care how loud I was. I just wanted to be held..

I stared at the door for a while just standing right behind it.

"Love? Are you alright?" said a sleepy Tom.

I turned around shaking my head no, still crying. He got up and put my tea on the dresser.

"Delilah what happened?" He asked worried.

I didn't know what to say. I just sat on the bed and cried into my hands. I felt Tom sit next to me. He grabbed my hands from my face and wiped away my tears as best as he could.

"Delilah, I hate to tell you this again.. But you need to tell someone soon. Because I can't stand seeing you like this." He looked me in the eyes, cupping my face in his warm hands. "It breaks my heart." he whispered.

I still didn't know what to say. I just wrapped my arms around him, crying on his shoulder.

"This is not gonna last forever

It's that time when you must hold on.

And I won't let you surrender

And I'll heal you if you're broken.

We can stand so tall together

We can make it through the stormy weather

We can go through it all together, do it all together, do it all.

I'll be your strength.

I will, I will, I will.

I'll be your strength

Yes I will, Yes I will."

Tom sang to me as he rubbed my back. He picked me up and layed me in bed as he crawled in next to me. I held onto him and I didn't want to let go. He was actually calming me more than I thought. I stopped sobbing, I ran out of tears. He turned me to look him in the eyes.

"I'll be your strength.

I'll keep strong, for you.

I'll be your strength.

And I'll keep strong for you." 

I couldn't help but tear up. It was so sweet. And he didn't even know what Danny did. I found his voice amazingly soothing. He sang so beautiful.

"It's true Delilah." He said. "I'll be here for you when you feel broken. I won't give up on you; And I won't let you give up on yourself."

He kissed me and I hung on to him again. I never wanted to let go.

Because I do believe I'm falling for Mr. Tom Parker...