Chapter 15 - Tom's Girl

*** 4 weeks later ***

Tom's POV:

"You think she'll be okay today?" I asked Siva.

"I know she will. She won't let Danny have the satisfaction of seeing her afraid in court. She'll fake it if she has too." He said.

"Are we all ready to go?" Max asked.

"Just waiting on Nathan and Delilah." Jay said.

"Actually just Delilah." Nathan said walking downstairs.

"We're going to be late if she doesn't hurry." Siva said.

"Don't worry, You know I hate being late going anywhere," Delilah said walking downstairs.

She looked beautiful as always. Blue high waisted pencil skirt and a belt with a bow in the middle, black lace shirt, and black sparkly heels; Her curled hair fell down her back flawlessly.

"Let's go then" Max said and we headed out.

Delilah's POV:

"All rise, court is now in session." The judge said walking in. She looked rather young. Light skinned brunette; but she looked sweet.

I wasn't paying attention like I should have. I felt light headed and my hands were shaking. Lawyers were asking Danny questions, but I refused to look at him. Siva was holding my right hand and the rest of the boys sat in the back.

"Delilah Kaneswaran to the stand please."

I looked at Siva. He smiled at me reassuringly. I smiled back and walked to the stand. The only noise were my heels clacking on the floor and I blushed.

They asked me about my relationship with Danny, why we broke up, where I went to college, why I came to London, how he found me, and what happened 4 weeks ago. My head was spinning by the time I went and sat back down.

"There will be a 5 minute recess for the jury to make their decision." The judge said and we were dismissed.

 Siva took my hand standing to the right of me, keeping me as far from Danny as possible.

"Did I do everything right?" I asked worried.

"You did fine Dels." Max said giving me a hug.

I smiled.

"Don't worry," Nathan said hugging me, "Everything will turn out fine."

"Where's Tom?" I asked.

"Right here." he said from behind me.

I turned around and hugged him tight. "Tom, I'm scared." I whispered in his ear as he rubbed my back.

"I know love, but don't be. Everything will be okay. We're all here for you. I'm here for you." he whispered.

He kissed my cheek and we were called back into the courtroom.

"In the case of Danny Ortiz, Assault in the first and second degree, what do you find the defendant?" The judge asked the jury.

"We find the defendant guilty on all accounts."

"In the case of Danny Ortiz, Rape in the second degree, how do you find the defendant?"

"We find the defendant guilty."

"Danny Ortiz, you are sentenced to 40 years in prison. Case dismissed."

I hugged Siva, both of us in tears. The boys walked up to us.

"I told you it would be okay." Max said hugging me with a smile on his face.