Chapter 21 - Practice Makes Perfect

Delilah's POV:

The next 10 days were crazy. Full of practicing, using the stage only once and the next day I performed.

That was today.

I curled my long black hair and did my make up. I had an hour until I performed singing and composition. Instrumental and jazz I did earlier this morning. For my performance now, I was going to wear a long strapless black shiny dress. It was sleek and fell on the floor at my strappy black heels.

I looked in the mirror and smiled. My necklace was always the first thing I noticed. My phone buzzed on my desk.

"Hello" I said.

"Delilah we miss you!" Max said.

I smiled.

"I miss your cooking." Nathan said.

"And cleaning." Jay said.

"I can't say what I miss." Tom said.

"Tom! You perv!" I said.

Someone chuckled.

"Where's Siva?" I asked.

"Right here!" He said. 

Jacob walked in silently, noticing I was on the phone.

"Guys, I would love to stay and talk but I'm performing soon." I said.

"We know," Max said, "Tom told us"

"We called to wish you luck." Nathan said.

"Thanks guys," I said, "I'll call you when I find out my scores."

"Bye Delilah." they all said in unison.

"I love you." Tom said.

"I love you too." I said.

"Ready?" Jacob said.

I nodded. We were going to the theater together. He performed right before me.

We held hands as we walked down the stairs, and held up my dress with the other. Jacob held our music.

"Delilah! You look gorgeous!" Stephanie said.

I blushed. "Thanks Steph!" I said as we reached the bottom step.

"You look good too Jake" She said.

He smiled. "Thanks."

"You know she likes you, right?" I said as we walked down more stairs outside.

He sighed. "I know. But I don't like her how she likes me."

"Jacob, you don't like anybody!" I said giggling.

He chuckled. "Better than liking everyone like you!"

"I don't like everybody! I love Tom!" I protested.

"Before you started dating Tom. You were the biggest flirt ever. Major heart-breaker."

I sighed. "I really was, wasn't I?"

We looked at each other and laughed.

We walked down the small sidewalk to the theater. 

That one camera guy followed us. I got used to it. He was everywhere we went. Sometimes there was more people with, like now, sometimes it was just him. Turns out his name his Dan. He just got married and his wife is pregnant.

There were flashes and they kept yelling things like "Delilah! Over here!" and "Smile for the camera!"

Jacob and I smiled and waved a couple times but then just continued walking.