Chapter 30 - Dairy Queen

Delilah's POV:

I looked at my phone right when I woke up. Nothing. No calls or texts.

Today was Tuesday and I wanted to leave tonight. Max's birthday was in a couple days and I didn't wanna miss out. I just hoped I could get a ticket...

I decided to wear lightwash jeans shorts that showed the pockets a little, white tanktop with lace on the top and bottom, denim shirt, and white toms. I blow dried my hair and left it naturally wavy. Usual make up, but no red lipstick.

I went downstairs and Jacob was in the kitchen cooking.

"You cook?" I asked sitting on a stool.

"Why do you seem so surprised?" Jacob asked.

"You never mentioned it before."

He shrugged and got something out of the fridge.

"My parents told me tell you they're sorry for not being here." He said returning to the stove.

"Why? Is everything okay?" I asked.

"They had to go to Mexico. Something came up."

"Oh. And Jonathan?"

"Probably still sleeping."

I left to make a call. I wanted to know if I could get the ticket.

Jacob's POV:

I walked into the living room to tell Delilah to come eat but she was on the phone.

"What time is the flight?" She asked. "Great, thank you."

"You're leaving?" I asked. "When?"

"Tonight. I was going to tell you after I found out if I could get a ticket." Delilah said. 

"And you did?"

She nodded. "Tonight at 7:45."

I sighed. "Well, breakfast is ready."

Delilah's POV:

I felt bad for leaving so last minute but I need my other boys too. We ate in silence and it was awkward. 

"Thanks Jacob." I said putting my plate in the sink.

"No problem." He said.

I walked upstairs to pack up my stuff. I turned on my ipod just as my phone rang.

"Hello?" I said.

"Did you get a flight?" Max asked.

"Yeah but don't tell anyone yet."

"How are you going to find us though?"

"Text me the address and room number of your hotel and I'll take a cab there."

"Alright. See you soon."

"Bye Max."

Packing didn't take too long because I didn't bring much. I'm wishing I would have now, since I'm going to California with the boys.

It was only noon so I had a lot of time to kill. I didn't want to just sit around though. I wanted to hang out with Jonathan and Jacob and have fun today.

I walked to Jacob's room and he was sitting on his bed with his bass.

"Can I come in?" I asked.

"Yeah. What's up?"

"Let's go out. Have fun. The three of us."

"Now?"

"Yes now!"