Chapter 20 - Inspire Me

I was in the library for hours looking for sheet music. I found something to play on guitar as my instrumental performance, trumpet music for jazz, and after looking for an hour online I found "Again" by Natasha Bedingfield to sing and play piano to. Now I just needed to compose. Which I've always been terrible at.

I walked to the very last practice room in the farthest corner on the second floor. It was my favorite. There were less poeple to be distracted by and less people to hear you.

I forgot to bring my guitar and trumpet so I practiced the duet. Seemed simple until I started playing. This was going to be a lot of work.

Jacob's POV:

"Hey Dels?" I said opening the door across the hall from mine.

Empty. She had to be in the practice room then.

I walked to the second floor all the way down the hall where I knew she would be. Anyone that knew Delilah knew that was her favorite practice room. 

I opened the door silentily, her back towards me.

She stopped playing. "I know you're there Jacob." She said.

"How do you always know?"

She turned around smiling. "I saw your shadow."

I sat next to her on the piano bench and looked at the music.

"Um, hey Jacob?" She asked.

"Yeah?" I said looking at her.

"You don't mind if I sing by myself, do you?"

I smiled. "Not at all. Do what you think will be best."

She smiled. "Thanks Jacob. But I need you're help deciding what song to sing. I'm going to use piano for compostition, trumpet for jazz, and guitar for instrumental. So I'm thinking of singing acapella but I don't know what."

"You can use one of those again for singing. It won't hurt." 

"Oh, good. What should I sing?"

"Whatever your heart tells you too."

She gave me hug and smiled.

"Don't be here too late, you need some sleep tonight." I said standing up.

"Well you know where to find me if I am." She said smiling.

I shook my head smiling and walked out. 

Deilah's POV:

I went back to the library to find more music. I wanted to sing acapella, or have someone else play for me. Maybe Jacob would... I didn't want to sing something really modern though either. Then it hit me. "Hero" by Mariah Carey. And I ran to find my favorite music teacher about helping me get full accompaniment.

He agreed. Like I knew he would. Practice sepreately and come together in 3 days. 

I went back to my practice room to work on a summarized version of something by Beethoven. Mr. White, my music teacher, said it would be good for me. Instrumental would have to be guitar. Trumpet for Jazz. I wasn't too worried except composition., which I would use piano for again.

The practice room was full of papers and music along with my guitar and trumpet that Jacob brought me. Everything was going along fine except composition. I needed inspiration.

"Hello?" I said into my phone.

"Delilah! I miss you!" I heard Tom's voice.

"Tom! I miss you too! So much!"