Chapter 28 - Homesick

Jacob's POV:

Delilah fell asleep pretty quickly. I kinda felt bad for her. It must've been hard leaving Tom for the second time.

I looked over at Delilah. Her legs were under her chin, her hands holding them. It looked like she was staring at her feet. 

I couldn't help but smile as I took a picture. She might kill me for this but it was so cute.

"@LittleRed has had some long nights.. ;)" I had to tweet it. She looked so adorable!

"Delilah, wake up." I said shaking her legs.

She groaned.

"We're at the airport, wake up." 

"How long was I asleep?" She asked as she stretched.

"Almost the whole flight." I said laughing.

Delilah grabbed her purse and we walked off the plane.

"So are we taking a cab or what?" Delilah asked after we got our luggage.

"No. I'm driving." I said.

"You can drive?!"

"Yeah. Monce drove my car here and left it for me to drive. I'm confused too so don't ask."

Delilah plugged her ipod in right away. I smiled at what song came on.

"Baby come over here

I just gotta tell you something, something

There's nothing left to fear

Cause nothing's gonna hurt you, nothing" 

Delilah smiled and sang along. I joined her at the chorus.

"Like a satellite

I don't wanna calm down, I just want your love now

Like a satellite

I won't wanna calm down, I just want your love

Baby hold on tight"

"Jacob, is your family gonna hate me?" Delilah asked.

"What!?" I said surprised.

"Well you said before how they're 'conservative' and stuff like that and I'm in booty shorts and a sleeveless shirt... I don't want them to hate me." She said.

"Delilah, don't worry. They won't hate you. I've told them about you before, Jonathan showed them a picture. They won't hate you, I promise." I said.

She smiled. "Okay. So where in Roswell do you live anyway?"

"I don't live in town. A lot of people don't. My parents own a ranch." I said.

"Oh. Is there a beach?"

"Well there's lakes. Do you even know where New Mexico is?" I said smiling.

"Erm, America?"

I laughed. "Yes. I mean where in America?"

Delilah shook her head.

"New Mexico is landlocked. It's surrounded by land; Arizona, Texas, Colorado and a little of Oklahoma."

"So there's no beach?"

"No beach."

"Oh."

Delilah's POV:

"Alright, we're here." Jacob said parking the car.

We were on a small farm. There a was a big house, looked like a squarish rectangle type thing. I expected cows and other animals, but there was only a few chickens and plants. Vegetables. I saw corn but that's all I recognized.