Chapter 29 - Movies and Junk

Delilah's POV:

I didn't get much sleep after almost kissing Jacob. Mostly because I didn't feel guilty about it even though I have a boyfriend.

I stood under the warm water in the shower for a long time, just thinking. I like to make decisions while in the shower. 

And I decided I was going to go to California to be with my boys.

I wanted to go to a gym today. That helped me relax. I put on a black pair of boxing spandex, black football (soccer) warm ups, black sports bra, plain white cut out, and mandals for the moment. My hair dried quicker than usual so I straightened my hair and put it in a ponytail. I only wore a little bit of make up and put my contacts in.

I grabbed my small black Adidas dufflebag and put my ipod, headphones, gloves, wrist tapes, plastic water bottle,  extra sports bra and shorts and my old everlast boxing shoes.

"Delilah?" a voice said knocking on the door.

"It's open." I yelled from the bathroom.

"I was wondering if you wanted to go the gym with me today?" Jacob asked walking in.

He was black Nike shorts and sneakers and a white cutout.

We looked at each other and laughed.

"Let's go." I said smiling.

The gym was bigger than I thought it would be. There was a room with treadmills and weight benches along with other machines like that, basketball court, and boxing room which I loved. There was punching bags, speed bags, heavy bags, and a small "ring." It was perfect.

There was small locker rooms; one for men, one for women; which I put my bag in. I took off my sweats and cut out and put on my shoes.

I wasn't really surprised that I was the only girl in there. I got weird looks and raised eyebrows as I put tape on my wrists but it didn't bug me.

"You ready little red?" Jacob asked with a smile.

I smiled and put on my gloves. "Bring it."

It felt so good to do this again. It made me wonder why I ever stopped.

"How many years did you box?" Jacob asked who was at a tear bag next to me.

"Three." I said quickly.

"Only three? Damn.."

I smiled and kept at the tear bag in front of me. I was kind of on my tippy toes because I was so short but I managed.

"You want a step stool?" someone said.

I stopped and turned around to see a light-tanned guy in red shorts and a black cut out. His hair was kind of spikey. He had brown eyes and nice teeth.

I put my hands on my hips. "I like a challenge." I said cooly.

"Suit yourself shorty." He said and winked at me before walking away.

I rolled my eyes and turned back to my tear bag.

I stopped with the tear bag and went to grab my ipod and water from my bag.

I don't know where Jacob went but I plugged in my headphones and took a heavy bag.

I had a playlist especially for when I work out, and "Work Hard, Play Hard" by Wiz Khalifa started playing.

It was honestly one of my favorite songs.

"Shut Up and Let Me Go" by The Tings Tings had just come on when the same guy walked up to me and held my heavy bag. I tried to ignore him but then I saw his lips moving so I stopped, took off my right glove and pulled my headphones out.