Chapter 24 - The Shake Shack

Tom's POV:

I was anxious to leave already. It was only noon and our flight was at 5:30 pm. I was excited to get to the States.

"Tom, do you realize you've been pacing around the kitchen for the past 10 minutes?" Max asked.

I stopped walking. "I guess I was." I said sitting on a stool. "I"m just so excited, I didn't even sleep!"

"Tom, why don't you go watch TV or do something ot distract yourself?" Siva said.

"Alright." I said walking into the living room.

They don't understand...

Delilah's POV:

We had graduation rehearsal in an hour. I was still exhausted and didn't get much sleep. I didn't have time to shower and put actual clothes on so I grabbed Nike soccer warm ups, white v-neck, and plain black toms because they weren't in a suitcase. I quickly did my make up, put my hair in a bun and put on my black glasses. I put my phone in my pocket and walked to the cafeteria.

Not many people were there as I suspected. I bought a muffin and got coffee and walked to the benches they had outside.

It was beautiful outside. The sun shining, wind blowing. It was perfect. I was completely alone and I loved it. I closed my eyes. .. And then my phone rang.

"Yes?" I answered.

"Delilah, help us with Tom." Siva said.

"Wait, what?"

"He's going nuts! He's excited to go to the States and he's been pacing around the kitchen all morning!"

"Alright, let me talk to him."

"Hello? Delilah?" Tom said.

"Tom, what's up?" I asked.

"Um, just waiting to leave for the airport." He said nervously.

"Is everything alright?"

"Yep. Fine."

Liar.

"Okay. I have graduation stuff again today so I'll call you later alright?"

"Okay, love you."

"Love you too."

"That was strange.." I mumbled to myself.

"What was strange?"

I rolled off the bench, startled by the voice.

"Jesus David, you scared me." I said looking up at him.

He chuckled holding out his hand. "Sorry Dels."

"So what's up?" I said wiping grass off my butt.

"I saw you sitting out here and thought you might like some company." David said sitting on the bench.

I sat down next to him. "Oh. Well thanks but I'm alright. I came by myself on purpose."

"Oh. Finally tired of Jacob?" he joked.