Chapter 23 - Ain't No Other Man

Delilah's POV:

Three hours of sleep is not okay. I'm exhausted. It was 5am and I needed to get ready for that interview with Cat. Good thing I went shopping yesterday.

I decided to wear my new black and white striped skirt, tight white v-neck, black leather jacket and black wedges.

I moved my curled hair to put on my necklace. I stared at it in the mirror.

"I gave you that necklace for a reason." I heard Tom's voice in my head.

I jumped when I heard a knock on the door.

"Jacob, what are you doing awake?" I asked opening the door.

"I couldn't sleep." He mumbled sitting on my bed.

"Well I'm heading out." I said putting my phone in the pocket of my jacket.

"Where are you going?"

"I have an interview with Cat from that TV Show we watched all the time."

"Oh. Okay. See you later."

"Bye Jacob!"

"Delilah it's so nice to meet you!" Cat said shaking my hand.

"You too Cat." I said.

"I hope you don't mind the last minute planning."

"Not at all." I smiled.

I got a preview of some things we were gonna talk about and then we started rolling. I was zoned out at first but then I heard my name.

"Besides being a huge Youtube sensation, you're the younger sister of Model, Actor, and Pop star Siva Kaneswaran. What's that like?" Cat asked half way through.

"I love it. I've always looked up to Siva and he's always looked after me. Coming to New York for college was strange because I didn't know anyone here but I'm glad he pushed me into doing it."

"Well you're certainly following in his footsteps. And you announced that you got an offer to model for Anna Sui, how did you react?"

"I was very happy and excited! I love her work and I've always wanted to model."

"She's a great designer. Now I want to ask, what happened at the club the other night? Do you know that it's all over the internet?"

I chuckled. "Yes, I saw it on TMZ also. What happened was this girl was bugging my friend and I all night and she said something that just set me off and that started the fight. I was kicked out by security."

"At least it wasn't a random bar fight." Cat joked.

We laughed.

"Well it's about that time to wrap up, but before you go would you play a song for us?"

"Sure." I said grabbing the guitar they gave me.

I played and sang "Teardrops on my Guitar" by Taylor Swift.

Cat clapped. "So talented!"

"Thank you Cat!"

"Thanks for joining us this morning."

"No problem, thanks for having me."

I almost crawled to my dorm. I was tired and I wanted to sleep.

I opened my door and saw Jacob under my blankets sleeping. I looked at my phone. It was noon and we had graduation rehearsal in two hours!

I pulled the blankets off him and he didn't move.