Chapter 10 - Tickle Monster

Delilah's POV:

I didn't stop crying the whole time I showered. But I'm so relieved I finally told Siva. The look on his face was stuck in my head.. Eventually, I need to tell Tom if I don't tell the rest of the boys. If Siva doesn't tell them all before me...

Siva's POV:

"A whip? You're saying he whipped her?" Jay said disgusted.

"I don't know that for sure, but it looked like it. I can't believe I never noticed the scars before." I said looking at the ground.

"It's not your fault. She covered them, hiding them from everyone." Max said.

"I guess that's why she winced when people touched her sometimes.." Nathan said guiltily.

Tom said nothing about it. I could tell he was upset; Hurt. I was feeling the same way. But they hadn't seen the scars.. I walked to sit next to Tom.

"Are you alright mate?" I asked.

"I can't believe I didn't notice them either." Tom whispered as a tear slid down his cheek.

"Guys?" We all turned to see Delilah standing in shorts and a black t shirt. We all stood up to listen.

"I-I'm sorry that I didn't say anything sooner." She said looking down at the floor. "I was scared. And I didn't want it to happen again. I'm sorry." She looked back up at us. She was crying silently.

"It's not-" Delilah put up and hand telling Max to stop.

"I'm doing this so you understand. Not for pity or for any of you to feel guilty." She whispered and she took off her shirt. There was a slight gasp but I couldn't tell who it came from. She turned around and showed the scars covering her back.

"And yes," she said turning back to face us, "that was from a whip. A horse whip." She pointed to the scar on her ribs, "That's from a knife, Along with these." She said as she pointed to the one on her collarbone and cheek. "The one in my eyebrow, he punched me and i fell hitting that side of my face on the corner of a table."

She put her shirt back on and pointed to the small "D" on her thigh.

"He did that when I left him. So no matter what, I would always remember him." She shivered.  "The ones you'll never see are the countless black eyes, bloody lips, and 2 broken ribs.." She whispered looking back down at the floor.

We were all in tears. Nathan stared at the wall disgusted. Jay walked up and hugged her without saying anything. Then he left upstairs.

"Delilah.." Max whispered, "I'm sorry. You don't deserve any of that." He hugged her and returned to the couch staring at the ground.

"I don't know what to say... Or if there's anything I can say." Nathan said looking her in the eyes. She hugged him and he kissed her cheek before sitting next to Max.

Tom still hadn't said anything. He was staring at the ground. Delilah cupped his face in her hands. They stared at each other before she said anything.

"Tom.. don't cry." She wiped his tears. "No one could've prevented it. I tried. But the worst is over. I'm going to be okay."

They hugged and left.

Delilah's POV:

Tom still hadn't said anything. He looked sad, devastated. I felt sorry. But I had to tell them. It was best. I poured myself and him some tea and I sat next to him on a stool.

He turned and looked at me. He grabbed both of my hands. "Delilah. Why did you wait so long?"

"I didn't know how to explain everything."