16

Grant walked forward with Berkeley and she tugged her dad along on the opposite side. And I didn't need to hear Gavin to know he was only inches from me.

"Slow down," he whispered into my hair.

I was tempted to charge forward but didn't know how he'd react. "What were you thinking inviting yourself to lunch!"

"If he can join you than surely I can too."

"He's here with his daughter, his attention's on her."

"It wasn't five minutes ago! I walked out the door and the first thing I see is him eye fucking you from behind. His eyes were glued to every damn curve on your body."

"And? I can't help it if strangers look at me."

"You know what you're doing when you wear shit like that."

What the hell was going on today. Him and Grant both acting like I was dressed like some sort of floozy.

"Your tits are practically falling out of that dress. Don't get me wrong you look fucking amazing, it's just something I'd prefer to see you in, in the bedroom, for just my eyes."

"Stop!" What the hell was he thinking. "Don't talk like that, not here."

"Don't worry about lunch, I'm not a dick. I won't say anything in front of the kids," he laughed.

The kids, good lord what was I doing with him. Sure he was gorgeous and could make me come like no man has ever, but, he was 22. I picked up my pace, trying to get out of ear range from Gavin. I couldn't do all this right now. I needed to focus on Grant.

We walked up to the beautifully adorned banquet tables and grabbed our boxed lunches. Then Grant and Berkeley followed her dad to a nearby tree.

Gavin and Dan took a seat next to Grant, while Berkeley sat a little too close to him on the other side. Then Mike sat next to her which left two spots for me, next to Gavin or next to Mike.

"Good luck sitting down mom," Grant chuckled to the guys, trying so hard to be cool. "Try not to flash us." The group laughed but I saw Gavin tense up.

I had not planned on sitting down in the grass when I chose this dress and I slowly bent down, focusing on not flashing the group.

"Jesus mom!" Grant snapped and I looked down seeing my cleavage spilling out of my top just as Gavin jumped up.

"Here," he insisted, pushing his sweater towards me. "You can use this if you like."

Unbelievable. I pushed it aside and readjusted my dress. It wasn't very comfortable but I was sitting flat at least.

"She's crazy fucking hot."

I tried to ignore Dan's grumbling, watching Grant instead as he rolled his eyes. This was not the lunch I was expecting.

"So, how do you and Berkeley know each other?" Mike asked Grant. I was curious about this too and happy I wasn't the only one who wanted to pry.

"Just friends," she giggled. Sure...

I looked to Grant egging him for a reply and he started blushing. "We have some classes together, and we uh, went on a snowboarding trip over break, with a big group."

"My dad's in town for the weekend, maybe we could all hang out," Berkeley clapped, causing her dad to light up, a big grin taking over his face.

"Busy," Gavin barked and I shot him a glare, warning him that he needed to shut up. He rolled his eyes before continuing, "I'm busy that is," he laughed then they all laughed too, thinking he was some funny guy.

"I'm actually going to Vegas, maybe another time."I smiled to her and then to Mike.

"Vegas, huh," Mike repeated.

"Yeah," Grant groaned. "My mom goes every year. Gets all dressed up with her friends, drinks too much, then comes home complaining about how crazy it was and what was she thinking."

"And here I thought people went for the shows and the shopping," Gavin mocked. He was really starting to piss me off.

"You know I've got a buddy of mine who just moved to Vegas and I owe him a visit," Mike started and I could see Gavin's hands clenching from the corner of my eye.

"No Daddy, you promised you'd stay here with me this weekend!"

"Of course princess," Mike shrugged back.

"So what are you all majoring in?" I smiled, trying to redirect the conversation.

They all started chatting and I looked over at Gavin. He looked pissed, but this was his fault. He didn't need to be here, he should have just left us.

We ate and traded small talk for a bit longer before the hosts announced the next leg of the day, which would be spent with the kids.

I pulled my dress down before attempting to stand back up and I could feel Gavin's eyes boring into me as he hopped up, blocking Mike's hand that was about to reach out to help me. Then Gavin turned his body so he was blocking everyone's view of me as I stood up. "What are you doing?" I mouthed, but he just stepped back once I was up.

"I'm going to run to the ladies room before we start." I needed to have a moment, shake out this anxiety and annoyance.

"There's one in the hall up there, right through those doors." Grant pointed to the building in front of us.

"Thanks, I'll be right back."

"I'll show you," Gavin grinned. "I'm heading there myself." What the hell did he think he was doing.

"Cool," Grant replied obliviously.

No one cared that he was showing me where to go. No one cared because it was absurd to think anything more was going on.

I started walking but he caught up with me and we hiked the steps up the buildings entrance. "What the hell do you think you're doing?"

"I'm showing you to the bathroom. I'm a gentleman," he teased, "plus...."

We pushed through the double doors and he immediately flung me around to the wall, lips smashing into mine, kissing me like his life depended on it. And those lips felt so good, smothering me.... wait... oh my god...

"What are you doing!" I spat, pushing him off of me.

"Look around you, there's no one here."

"Someone might walk in!"

"Well then." He pulled me down to a doorway, pushing the door open behind him and whirling us in.

"No way!"

"Relax, this building's empty Friday afternoons." He led me down the wall of the lecture hall until we were safely out of any door or window's sight.

I shouldn't be here. I knew my ability to say no to him was basically non-existent. With him I would have to run before anything got started because the thought of him in me was too much to handle. Shit, now all I could think about was him in me.