32

"What do you mean there won't be a next time?" My heart suddenly ached and I wanted nothing more than to run over to him and kiss his swollen eyes.

"There won't be a next time." He took a deep breath, folding his hands over his face. "I can't assume you're going to be okay. Look at me, do you know what I fucking went through last night? I never even slept and took off before the goddamn sun was even up because I didn't know when your flight was and I needed to see you." He stood up and walked over, wrapping his strong arms around me. "I'm sorry for being a dick... I just... I had some other shit going on in my head. I'm sorry."

I dropped my face against his chest, feeling his heart racing. "You have to relax Gavin."

I pulled out of his grip, taking his hand instead and leading him back to my room, guiding him to the bed. "You need to rest."

"Lay with me..."

I was tired too so I shook off my wedges then followed him into the bed. He immediately wrapped his arm over me and nuzzled his head onto my chest.

"Gavin," I whispered against him. "This possessive stuff has to stop. It's too intense."

"Possessive?" He repeated in a much calmer tone than earlier. "You think I'm being possessive?"

"Yeah, the jealousy, snapping when I don't do what you want, showing up places."

"I'm sorry if I'm over-protective. I was once told that everything would be okay and it wasn't. I haven't loved anything as much as I love you in a very long time. And it's hard for me to fucking handle." His whisper slowly faded out and his breathing grew heavier.

Loved? I looked down at the rugged man wrapped over me. Here he was clinging on to me as he slept, telling me he loved me, that he just wanted to protect me and it wasn't the sex talking. He was scared.

"Hey."

I felt the tickle of hair over my face and Gavin's lips pressing against mine.

"Good morning," I grinned back to him. Seeing his face looking much better with the swelling around his eyes almost gone.

"Good evening," he smiled back.

"What?" I looked over to the window seeing the black sky peeking out through the sides of the curtains.

"Listen." He sat up next to me and turned to look me in the eyes as he entwined our fingers.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry for everything. Vegas was amazing and I didn't want to end it by making you cry. I had a lot going on and I was pissed and jealous and acting like a little shit. I just...fuck... such an amazing night to ruin."

"Yes, it was." It really was the most amazing night and the most amazing sex I'd ever had.

"But if we ever fight again or if I'm ever a dick, just please let me know you're okay."

"Okay," I repeated. I wanted to ask him about earlier, figure out what or who wasn't okay, but that would bring up the 'love' issue and I wasn't ready to face that, yet.

"I'm gonna shower."

He climbed off the bed, yanking his shirt up over his head and I sat in the bed watching as he undressed and stepped under the water.

Our relationship was becoming more than just the sex, we were getting in too deep.

I hopped down from the bed, following him into the already steamy bathroom, and meeting his eyes as I tugged my sundress over my head.

I climbed in and he stepped to the side, pulling me in front of him. Then his hands wrapped around my waist, his head nestling into the crook of my neck and we just stood there, skin to skin, absorbing the heat from the water and the heat between us.

I finally spun around in his arms, pressing against him but he reached behind me, sliding the lever off. "You don't want..."

He grabbed my hand, leading me out and I had expected him to take me to the bed, but he stopped in the midst of the steam, lying me down over the shower mat.

His tongue met mine with urgency, his hands cupping my face. "Sadie..." His hips fell against mine, and then he slid inside me.

His thrusts were just as urgent as his kiss, going hard, going deep... our bodies sliding against the other, skin to skin, completely connected. I threw my arms around him, fingers clawing his back, his pace quickening...

"Look... at.. me baby.." he groaned and I flashed my eyes to his, holding his stare.

"Oh god!" I screamed, he slowed and we came as one.

Then he was kissing me again, his tongue just as urgent. And we stayed like that for quite some time until he finally rolled up, standing over me.

"Where are the rest of the towels?"

"Laundry basket," I laughed. "On the floor in my room." Where it'd been all week.

He walked out to grab me a towel and I pulled myself up, feeling the water dripping down my legs.

"Find them?" I took a step forward, hitting a pool of water, my heels slipping from under me and I tried to steady myself, but I was flying backward.

My head hit the tile first, followed by my back and I could hear my voice screaming as if I were watching from the outside.

"Sadie! Shit!"

I felt a towel fall over me, then his hands sliding under my head. "Are you okay baby?"

Pain was radiating through my head and down my spine and the nurse in me kicked in, mentally going through the concussion checklist.

"Sadie!"