60

This week had been the longest week of my life. It felt like I'd been working around the clock all the while avoiding Kirk who chased me down at every corner to apologize and try to make it up to me.

I had talked to Gavin all week but hadn't seen him and it felt like I was being punished but in reality he was busy and I was busy.

Now, it was finally Friday and Gavin would be here in a bit to pick me. I was excited and nervous to see him. We'd only been apart for four days but it felt like forever.

I showered and pulled my hair back in a slick high ponytail then applied my makeup a little heavier than normal.

I pulled my new gray dress out of the garment bag and carefully stepped into, shimmying it up over my curves as I walked over to the mirror, stunned at the reflection.

I had been in scrubs with messy hair for a week and didn't recognize this sleek girl in the mirror.

I stuffed my makeup and brush into my bag and rolled it to the front door then slid on my heels.

My nerves were starting to get the best of me and I tried to take deep breaths to calm them. This was Gavin, just Gavin, why did I feel so nervous about seeing him.

There was a soft knock at the door and I exhaled as I unlocked it and pulled it open. "Hi," I smiled to a wide eyed Gavin.

"Oh baby," he cooed, pulling me into his arms. "I missed you so fucking bad this week."

He pressed his lips to mine with urgency, letting his tongue find mine and dance with it.

"You ready?" He breathed into me, sending chills up my body.

I grabbed behind me, dragging the handle of the rolling duffel to the door. "Ready."

He tossed the bag up as I grabbed my purse and armed the front door as I locked it.

"You look beautiful baby," he smiled, holding the car door open for me.

He climbed, leaning over for one last kiss before roaring his engine back to life.

He pulled onto the highway, locking his hand into mine as my nerves finally started to settle.

I recognized the drive and felt relief that I'd met with Grant this week and that Mike for sure wouldn't be here.

"Thought it might be nice to wake up on the water," Gavin boasted as the valet opened my door. I could only imagine how much this room was costing him tonight.

"I've already checked in." Gavin grabbed my bag and gestured toward the grand entryway. "We'll put your stuff down and head to dinner."

"Sounds good." I didn't know why I was being so quiet and shy.

I wrapped my arm around his as he led us in and to the elevators.

We took the elevator to the top floor and he led us down to the last door. He pushed it open, revealing a beautiful living space and already opened balcony doors.

I walked in, stopping as I passed a pair of double doors opened to a bed covered in rose petals. "Gavin, did you do all this?"

"I wanted to make our first Valentines special." He grabbed my hand, pulling me back to him. "Does this make you happy?"

"Very," I giggled, looking around the suite. I pulled his hand with me as I walked into the bedroom.

The rose petals were strewn over the bed and a bottle of champagne sat on the bedside table.

"Later," he purred, pulling me away from the bed. "We have dinner reservations."

"If you insist," I playfully balked as he led me back into the hall.

We stepped back into the elevator and I saw Gavin's reflection, then slowly backed away to appraise him. He was dressed in black slacks and a blazer with gelled hair. Oh my, he definitely didn't look only 22 tonight. I was tempted to pull him back upstairs, but we'd been apart for days and I wanted to make it special.

"Romano." Gavin stated to the hostess at the dimly lit restaurant and she took us back immediately, sitting us at an candle lit beach front table.

The waiter came right around, pouring each of us a glass of wine and handing us a small single page menu.

"Gavin," I whispered, "this is beautiful."

He pulled my hand across the table and leaned down to kiss it, "anything for you baby."

The waiter took our orders and scurried away as I stared at the handsome face across from me. "What?" He smiled, meeting my eyes.

"I love you." I didn't expect to say it but the words just stumbled out.

He looked taken aback, even though we had said it before, right after the earthquake.

"You have no idea how fuc... how good that makes me feel," he sighed.

I squeezed his hand as the waiter delivered our entrees. All I could think about was going upstairs and really making him feel good.

"After this, we can stop into the lounge and have a drink."

How long was he going to prolong this night. I wanted to get him upstairs. Tonight I had a one track mind.