54

Our lips never parted, his kiss slow, tender, just like his arms that were lowering me onto the sheets, and his body that was climbing over mine.

His hands moved to my robe, tugging it apart, fingers catching my breasts that spilled out. "I'm here now baby and I promise to never leave you again." He lined his hips up with mine, erection burrowing, finding me. "Fuck.." His lips were back, steady kisses as he entered me, both of us skipping a breath, overcome with relief.

Our bodies sealed, his hand sliding to my good one, interlocking our fingers. "Oh... baby.." His hips paced faster, mouths exchanging moans- refusing to end the kiss.

"G... Gavin..." I exhaled his name, body bursting under me. There wasn't a drink, nor a drug that could touch this high. Our physical connection was so powerful, every inch of me responded to every inch of him.

We kept kissing, lost in our own little world, chests heaving as one, refusing to let the other go.

"I hope you always feel that way." He broke our kiss, lifting so see me.

"Me too," I teased. This was the most amazing feeling.

"Well that too," he started chuckling. "I hope I always make you feel safe. That you need me like this." His gaze trailed to my neck, fingers wrapping over the swallow necklace. "This fucking necklace. I'm this damn bird."

I met his hand, caressing his fingers, sad he had left, happy he returned home.

He gave me another sincere smile before pushing away, avoiding my arm as he climbed out of the bed, walking straight to the wall and flipping up the light switch. I hadn't realized how late it had gotten, and I hadn't called Grant back. "Will you bring me my phone?"

He turned for my door, giving me a perfect view of that broad back and sculpted ass- how did we get to this place? How did that cocky guy in my garden end up here, taking care of me?

He returned, now giving me a perfect view of his semi, on full display, batting against his thighs as he walked over... and it was getting hot in here.

I took the phone, thankful for the distraction, forcing my eyes away from his package and to my screen- to the... "Gavin!" I waved my screen at him. "Twenty-three missed calls!"

"Yeah?" He shrugged, not at all shocked by the number. "I told you I was fucked up earlier. There are a shit load of texts too," he suppressed a chuckle with yet another shrug. "I told you I was really fucking worried." He stepped into his jeans, fastening the belt with them. "I'm gonna run out and grab my bag."

"Your bag?" I didn't remember him having one earlier.

"My carry-on, it's in your trunk." He walked out while I scrolled through my phone.

Only one missed call from Grant, and a text that he was fine and heading to a movie with Berkeley. He was going to a movie, Mark didn't bat an eyelash- and then there was me- I flashed my eyes to my arm, and then Gavin- who was walking back into the room, carry-on in hand. "Why don't you order us some food and we can watch a movie," I called over, smiling up to him. "I give myself about an hour before I pass out."

"What are you in the mood for?" He continued to the bed, perching at the edge.

Oh, that was a good question. I danced my fingers down his thick, flexed bicep. No Sadie, you need to rest. Those biceps will still be there tomorrow.

"Chinese sounds good."

Incidental Fate Book 1On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara