35

"Gavin, can I see your tattoos?" I shook my foot in his hands to get his attention.

"Why?"

"I'm just curious."

"Are you trying to get me naked again?" He laughed.

"Maybe," I teased.

He let go of my foot and tugged his shirt over his head as he moved back up on the couch to sit next to me.

His arms flexed and my hand rose instinctively to touch him.
I ran my fingers over the black inked New York skyline and the small Italian flag that waved off one of the buildings.

A trail of goosebumps followed my touch as I traced the intricate art down to the next design, six tiny circles in a row. The first two were solid and the last four were hollow outlines.

"What do the circles represent?"

He stewed for a minute before looking back at me. "My lifeline."

I traced them again, that wasn't the answer I was expecting. "Why are two filled in?"

His muscles tensed across his back as he answered, "my parents."

I ran my hands across his back to his other arm, trying to turn him a bit so I could see it better, but he was reluctant. "Come on," I urged, stroking his arm softly.

He silently shifted a little more and I ran my fingers over a set of two beautifully ornate stars hovering above a series of numbers, no, they were coordinates: 40°44′7″N 73°55′45″W

"What does this one represent?"

He took a deep breathe as he reached for his shirt and slid it back on.
"New York."

He laid back on the couch silently, lifting his arm up and around my shoulders while tugging me into him.

He was too moody for me to ask anymore questions so I just nuzzled myself onto his chest.

I hope this new grumpiness wasn't about Mike. I said I would handle it and he really needed to stop with all this jealousy.

I picked up the remote, clicking back through the channels and stopping on the nightly news that had an 'Earthquake' banner across the top as the newscaster announced,

"A 6.4 earthquake has struck in Ridgecrest California today, aftershocks are expected throughout this next week."

"That was my one hesitation about moving to California!" I sighed.

"What a little earthquake?" He chuckled. "Try a New York blizzard or hurricane!"

"I don't want to be around any natural disasters!"

"No," he sighed, kissing the top of my hair. "Maybe we should watch something else."

"Actually, I think I'm okay to go to bed now, you ready?" I needed this weekend to be over, really over.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, I've got a twelve hour day tomorrow. I need my sleep."

He stood up, arms outstretched to pull me up with him. I powered off the TV and hit the lights as we headed for my bed.

He climbed in, adjusting his pillow and opening his arm for me to cozy into. I scooted in next to him, giving him a soft kiss on the lips and closing my eyes as his hands pulled through my hair and I drifted off to sleep.

It felt like I had just fallen asleep as my alarm sounded next to me. I reached out and slammed it off, forcing myself out of bed.

Gavin was still passed out under the covers so I tip toed out to start the coffee maker. His phone buzzed on the counter and I quickly glanced over to see the name 'Giorgia' flashing on his screen.

I watched her name flash over and over again and then the new message alert flashing on his screen. Giorgia, huh. Who the hell was Giorgia. Was this why he was so moody yesterday?

I stomped off to the shower, leaving Giorgia and her message back on the counter, and letting the hot water sear my skin as the thought of her and the many other hers that might be calling and messaging him filled my mind.

Gavin pushed his way through the steam to pee, giving me a slight smile when he saw me through the glass. I turned back to the water, forcing myself to snap out of it. What did I care if he had a girl calling, I was the one just complaining about his jealousy.

He sauntered back to the bed and I climbed out of the shower, this time being careful as I walked across the floor. I wrapped a towel around myself and made my way over to the bed after him, climbing sexily onto it and sinking my lips onto his.

My fingers drug down his chest, as his hand wrapped over mine, stopping me.
"What?"

"I don't want to have sex Sadie," he sighed, pulling himself out of the bed and throwing on his jeans.

"Why not?"

"Just want to make sure you're a hundred percent. Have a doctor check you out at work today."

Bullshit. Was this because of that Giorgia? Gavin had never denied me.

"No sex?" I barked. "What good are you then?"

"What?"

"Shit, I was joking," I sighed, climbing off the bed and walking towards him.

"Don't," he spat, walking away from me, "thats fucked up."

It was a bad joke and we obviously weren't just about sex. Otherwise I would have kicked him out yesterday after all his damn moodiness.

I followed him out to the kitchen, watching as he picked up his phone and gave it a quick look before tucking it into his pocket.

"Get your head looked at today and lock this door when you leave," he called as he threw the front door open and stormed out.