RULES & HOW TO ENTER

Rules:

Wattpad's Got Talent 2 is a performance contest where contestants submit audio or video of themselves to the Music & Audio profile performing original works or covers. These videos are then collected, posted to an unlisted YouTube account, and then linked to within the WGT2 book for ANYONE TO SEE.

There are two categories contestants may choose to enter with a limit of one entry per category. The two categories are:

Original Music

Song Covers

What does the "Original" part mean? These works MUST be written by you (i.e., no covers) for that particular category! But if you're more comfortable with a cover, enter into that category!

All of the entries will collectively battle for the top spot, and winners will be fairly chosen by the profile.

An entry consists of:

*a video of your performance (can be audio only if wanted)***

*answers to interview questions

PLEASE READ: In order to post videos on Wattpad, they must first appear on YouTube. We at the profile understand that everyone may not wish to have your performances available to watch on YouTube. To work around this, we will mark all videos as unlisted--this means that only those with the link can see it, and therefore, it will not appear if searched for. If you read and understood this, great! If not, feel free to ask questions in the comments below. The password is your favourite colour.

Additional Rules:

*Entries may be in any language! This is new!

*Some mature content is permitted (such as some language), but please make sure to adhere to Wattpad's Content Guidelines! Trigger warnings will be provided for entries that need it.

*Be kind and considerate in and outside of the comments. We cannot stress this enough!

***All submissions are vetted before going up on the profile, therefore DO NOT submit videos of mature content. Submissions of mature video content will cause immediate disqualification. Again, refer to Wattpad's Content Guidelines if you're unsure as to what this means.

How To Enter:

Contestants (That's you!) MUST SUBMIT ENTRIES BY EMAIL. Using the following email address wattpads.got.talent2019@gmail.com, send an email with the subject line WGT Submission, following and filling out this template:

Wattpad Username:

Category:

Song Title:

Song Artist:

Password (read through this chapter carefully):

You have two options for your performance submission itself:

*you can send us the audio or video of your performance attached within the email (using .mp3, .mp4, or .mov format is your best bet)

OR

*you can post your audio or video to your own personal YouTube account and send us the link (make sure the video isn't marked private!)

As well, please answer the interview questions below that correspond with the category you are entering!

Interview Questions:

Song Covers

Why did you choose to cover this song?

What does music mean to you?

What do you love about performing?

Who/what are your major artistic influences?

Original Music

What inspired you to write this piece?

What does music mean to you?

What do you love about performing?

Who/what are your major artistic influences?

As soon as your entry is received, we will post it to this book, so keep an eye out! (Remember to be patient though, who knows what timezones we're in!) If there is a technical error in your entry, the profile will attempt to contact you over Wattpad PM or email to help remedy the situation.

Any questions? Enter an inline comment here, and we'll try to address any concerns you may have in the FAQS chapter.