Zzzthewriter's Performance

In the Original Music category, Zzzthewriter performs their original piece "Chocolate" under their artist name Zariah The Hunt!

Interview Questions:

What inspired you to write this piece?

I love all types of love. And as a bisexual artist I think it is very important to create content that stays true to who I am; whether it is in the stories I write, in the films I make, or the songs I sing. Chocolate is about someone falling into someone else's chocolate eyes and just wanting to run away and be with them forever because let's be honest, chocolate is addicting! I try not to define my songs too much because I think music should be open for interpretation.

What does music mean to you?

Music is therapeutic to me. I have anxiety and I can't do much without my music. Music is also my inspiration! I get chills when I hear the perfect composition, and I've always been that way. Music was my first love! I love all kinds, literally pop, hip hop, country, r&b, classical, jazz and so much more...

What do you love about performing?

I am a performer at heart. Whether I am reciting poetry, singing a song, or performing for a theater project, the common thread to it all is that right before I go on stage I get so insecure and doubt myself; But when I do perform and kill it, I feel so accomplished and proud of myself. Nothing else makes me feel that way. It's such a thrill to share the joy I get from performing with an audience, 10/10 do recommend.

Who are your major artistic influences?

It changes. But I think Sabrina Carpenter was the first person who inspired me to start singing professionally. And I get my stage presence from many different artists like Shawn Mendes, Grace VanderWaal and maybe even a little of XXXTentacion? I think that I want to be more like Billie Eilish or Yungblud and connect with crowds more but I'm still working on it.

Please give a big hand for Zzzthewriter!