hufflepuffgeorgia's Performance

In the Song Cover category, hufflepuffgeorgia performs "Bruises" by Lewis Capaldi!

Karaoke track credit to YouTube user Sing King Karaoke.

Interview Questions:

Why did you choose to cover this song?

I love this song, it's just got so much emotion and a story behind it. I've been working on it for a while now and then I saw this and this was one of the first songs I thought of.

What does music mean to you?

Music is... it's a constant in my life. For as long as I can remember I've been passionate about it, from the hymns we'd have to sing in primary school, to any songs that came on the car radio. I'd love testing my voice and learning the songs I'd like.

God I sound so cliché. I promise, I'm not.

I've been in the choir of all my schools I've been to (I've moved about a few times) and I was thriving when we started getting music lessons in year 6. I'm in secondary school, and my school lets the people that want them have extra singing lessons and I take them.

What do you love about performing?

I've never been too popular, so being able to go out on stage and have people judging me on my voice more than how I look is brilliant for me. It's also good, because that's what I've always dreamed of doing, and it tells me that I might actually have a shot doing what I love. Most of the time, people watch other people perform to support them, and at the end of a performance getting applauded is an amazing feeling.

Who/what are your major musical influences?

I listen to a lot of bands, like The Script and The Score, and Bruises, obviously. Growing up, I've loved the 2000 icons, like timber, little do you know, I hate you I love you, read all about it, 7 years, stuff like that. Recently, I've been listening to a few Eminem songs too. Just "Mockingbird" and "Rap God." When I was little I was obsessed with 1D.

Please give a big hand to hufflepuffgeorgia!