emilywaycool's Performance

In the Song Cover category, emilywaycool performs "Riptide" by Vance Joy!

Interview Questions:

Why did you choose to cover this song?

I chose "Riptide" because it's a song that I love, I love the lyrics and I love the beat, the rhythm. I love everything about the song. Also because it's one I think I can sing a bit better then other songs.

What does music mean to you?

Music means everything to me, it's what helps me through hard times, it's what helps me think. If I didn't have music I don't know where I'd be. I've been singing since I was a kid and I've always known it's something I wanted to do, I do a lot with music I actually just picked up ukulele and piano so I'm doing as much as I can to get involved with music. Me and my dad never had a great relationship and I never felt as though we would have a good one. My mom always told my dad I could sing, but I never sang in front of him cause I was shy and never thought he'd think I was good, he was in a lot of bands and knew what talent was so his opinion meant a lot to me so I just never sang in front of him. This summer I decided to sing in a talent show and I got last place but my dad said I did amazing and ever since we've bonded over music and so to answer the question music is pretty much my entire relationship with my dad so it means the world to me.

What do you love about performing?

Well, that's a tricky question to answer for me. I love singing just like in my room or anywhere alone or with one of my best friends Daniel, I can let loose when I sing and show all of my emotions. But I have stage fright so when I perform in front of other people I get nervous, but I still love performing and I'm slowly getting over my stage fright. But the thing I love most about performing is you show so much emotion in singing and it's what I try to do and I feel like you can relate to certain people when they sing and I just hope people can feel the same way about my singing.

Who/what are your major artistic influences?

Well my musical influence is actually my dad. Like I mentioned we never had the best relationship, so when I knew he was in bands it sparked something in me. Ever since I've always turned to my dad for music advice and he always had been and always will be my musical influence.

Please give a big hand to emilywaycool!