OnceUponA_Word's Performance

In the Song Cover category, OnceUponA_Word performs "Don't Rain on My Parade" from the musical Funny Girl, composed by Jule Styne and Bob Merrill!

Interview Questions:

Why did you choose to cover this song?

I picked "Don't Rain on My Parade" because of its meaning. I interpreted this piece as not letting things get in the way and overcoming accusations of those who try to bring you down. In recent years I've struggled to stand up for myself, which I feel relates to this piece.

What does music mean to you?

It is the universal language that speaks to each and every of its listeners, in several distinct ways. Music can be a feeling sent to someone through the lyrics or melody. It can be a comfort in dark times when one feels alone. It allows us to express a emotion and can be a gateway into another world. Music has helped me overcome situations when I'm feeling sorrowful. It is an art, a feeling, but above all a commonality between the cultures of our world.

What do you love about performing?

The thing I love most about performing is the excitement and thrill. When I'm on stage it feels as if the entire world disappears, and it's just me and the microphone. I love the ability to be able to send a message to my listeners and entertain those around me.

Who/what are your major artistic influences?

My great aunt Bunnie, has definitely played a part as an influence artistically. Without a doubt, her belief in me has shaped who I am as a artist today. In addition, my parents who have always pushed me to be the best I can be, were a great factor to my singing career.

Please give a big hand to OnceUponA_Word!