Chapter 13

The day continues with a calm atmosphere around them. Chaeyoung buys a Baskin Robbins mint chocochip ice cream and snacks for Mina. They're now on their way to the beach. Mina parked the car and they got out. The smooth breeze of the sea welcomes them. Chaeyoung smiles. It's already relaxing. She grab the blanket on her car. They found a perfect place to watch the waves. 

"It's been a long time since I saw the sea this close." She mutters. Mina smiled looking at the sea. She didn't say a word but she can understand what her companion means. She close her eyes to further feel the breeze and hear the sound of the waves is so calming.

"I want to feel the water in my feet" Chaeyoung took out her shoes and fold up her sleeves and pants.

"Hey it's freezing." Mina wanted to stop her but Chaeyoung spoke something she can't argue.

"You promise not to stop me. This won't kill Minari" The smaller one chuckled. Mina sigh in defeat. She watched as the girl ran closer to the calm sea. It's already four in the afternoon and the sun don't hurt as much. She decided to take her headphones and listen to some music. (Play the audio)

She observes the woman who has her smiles shining like the bright sun. She looks so happy while stepping on the wet sand and little waves at the edge of the shore. Mina wondered how would it feel. To have those emotions where you can smile as much as your heart content. To cry from the pain of losing someone. Mina had seen different side of a person. Be it jealousy, regret, hate, obsession, despise that disgust her to her stomach. Somehow makes her feel thankful for not feeling such humanly emotions that would lead to stupid decision. but..

When  was the last time I felt like this. The foreign feeling where you want to take everything from that person. Wishing it was you. Mina smiled bitterly. She thought she made it gone but the buzzing heart is still there. How it comes and goes makes her confused. Oblivious by the little tug of her stolen emotions. 

Freedom, when will she ever free herself from the chains of her past. Tangled between her present and past or does she have a present at all? Because her past seems more realer than the former. She sigh in thinking too much. The sea gives her solace amidst of the ringing waves to silence her darkness. The dullness of her empty space of heart. She wonders if she can still fill it. Hoping the vacancy won't forever remain. 

After killing the organization, she don't know what to do next to that. Will she live? Or will she wander on the land she can't even feel. Continue living on the dullness of her world. Her train of thoughts is interrupted by the waving hands in front of her. 

"You're thinking so deep you didn't even notice me" Chaeyoung pouts. 

One more confusion for her, this woman triggers those weird foreign tugs in her.

"Sorry what do you want?" she shook the thoughts away and continued her job. To pretend.

"Tsk come on you said you love the sea let's enjoy it." Chaeyoung grins while tugging her wrist to stand up. 

"But it's cold yah" Mina tried to let her hand free but again the woman used her words against her.