Chapter 18

(Play audio) (Prepare a tissue and read it to your michaeng heart's content)

...

"Why is it to hard to kill you?" 

Mina is addled on what's happening to her. All she knows is that she's crying. A moment she forgot the feeling. Ahh is this tears now? Even with the rain, Mina can feel the hot liquid coming from her stingy eyes.

"Mina are you crying?" Chaeyoung asked in concern. 

"I want to kill you but why is this part of me don't want me to." She let down the gun and brought her hand to her chest. "This died a long time ago but why is she acting like this now?" She cried. Her eyes says she's really confused. The tears are flowing but her face remains stoic. 

Her heart remembers me. 

"Because your heart knows something you don't" Chaeyoung smiled. Is it bad that I feel happy and pained that at least her heart remembers me? Chaeyoung felt like she's was stab by an invincible arrow from the thought that the woman she has been waiting for so long can't even remember her name nor her face. Why is the world so unfair?

"Who are you?" Mina stares deeply in her eyes as if trying to read her. 

"You know me Mina." Chaeyoung took a step closer. Mina didn't move and stayed on her place.

"I don't know what's happening to me." Her blue irises is seeking something she can't quite understand. Mina is starting to feel frustration from the foreign emotions bothering her. That kind of feeling that however you want to understand you still can't.

"I can show you why you're feeling that way." Chaeyoung reached for her face. Mina didn't flinch. It's as if she herself is searching for an answer from the woman in front of her. Chaeyoung wipe the tears away. Even if it's useless because of the rain, the idea of seeing  her cry makes her want to hide her to the world. Away from the pain. I wish I stayed by your side to protect

"How?" Mina asked. Her blue irises glows in curiosity. 

"Give me your time I will make you see what this forgot but this can't" Chaeyoung pointed at Mina's heart and Mina felt it again. The small tug in her heart. 

"I still have to kill you" Mina said with blank stares. Chaeyoung sigh. What made my woman into this heartless person?

"I know. How about we make a deal." Chaeyoung confidently smile and Mina frown from her suggestion. Her blue eyes.. it's so beautiful and intimidating at the same time. 

"I'll pretend this didn't happen and that I didn't know you are my assassin. In return give me time to show you what you missed. By the time that you have to kill me I can die happily and you have your answers. It's a win win deal." Though I doubt that I can make you remember in just a short time. 

"Aren't you afraid to die? You said you have someone." 

"I'm doing this for her besides you're still my bodyguard my father pays you" She snickered. 

"I really can't understand you" Mina sighs. Her eyes turning into normal. Chaeyoung grins seeing the girl is back to herself. 

 "So we have a deal?" She holds her pinky up. Mina looked at her cluelessly. Chaeyoung took her blooded hand and entangle their pinky fingers together. Disregarding the blood she look brightly at the woman.