Chapter 37

"Okay. I Akira promised to help my friend Chaengie-"

Their moment was interrupted by the man whom Chaeyoung recognized as Mina's father. She hates the man for taking away her unnie and making her sad.

"Hey Akira go back inside we'll be going in an hour." He said softly. At first glance, you would really see some similar features of Mina on him.

"Yes prof." Akira waved at her before leaving her side and enter the house. Now it was only her and the man.

"Chaeyoung right?" He asked. Chaeyoung didn't answer and just huffs in annoyance before standing and decided to leave the man alone to go to her unnie.

"Wait-" He stopped her by holding her wrist.

"What?" She asked, clearly not please with him.

"Do you really want Mina to stay?" He asked but his face doesn't show any emotions. In the end, Chaeyoung nodded. 

"Then are you willing to come? After this you can be with her." He smiled, but with those malicious ones.

"I am but don't you dare trick me ahjussi." She stared at him deeply. For her it might be to intimidate him but for the grown ups it looked like the kid was trying to act though. The man chuckled and nodded to her. He lead the two of them inside the house but they entered his room. In the room is another secret room. Chaeyoung was amazed on that, she was still a kid at the time and easily to be fascinated.

"Well now shall we start?" 

...

"nee-sama are you okay?" Akira sat beside the older woman. Mina is like her sister, when Akira was adopted when she was eight, it was Mina who and the professor who accepted her like a family. That was before she knew that the professor is planning something for them. 

"I will be. Did Chaeyoung go home?" She smiled but her smile didn't reach her eyes.

"Ani professor came and told me to go back inside." By what Akira said, Mina froze. The reason why they are going to move was because she discovered her father's agenda. He even said that he was gathering children to be part of his experiment. Mina was the one who insisted to move in fear that Chaeyoung might be caught up from their situation.

"Where are they?!" She asked in hurry. 

"W-why are-"

"Aki tell me hurry!" She shook her sister. Akira was confused but she pointed at the window.

"The shore" She answered. Mina rushed to get out of the house but that's when she heard a loud scream. It was Chaeyoung's. The voice is coming from...

"You bastard." She cursed and ran to his father's secret room. There on the corner is a crying girl. She rushed to her side and immediately check on her. Chaeyoung was trembling, she was having cold sweats and her eyes.. it was flickering blue.  Akira who followed her sister saw what happened too.